Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Special £15 tickets to see James McAvoy in the West End @ AGT tickets - See details

Posted 3rd Nov
Exclusively for purchase by under 30’s, key workers (state school teachers, nurses, police, firefighters, etc) and people who receive government benefits.

An amazing opportunity to see James McAvoy perform live in the West End- in a new production of Cyrano de Bergerac directed by the red-hot theatre director Jamie Lloyd.

The £15 tickets are normally sold for up to £150, and part of a special scheme to make West End theatre more accessible to people who normally can’t afford to see it (and/or can’t afford to sit in a good seat).

Tickets go onsale at 12pm (midday) on Monday and I think will only be available for £15 for a day or two.

atgtickets.com/cyr…o15
Community Updates

Groups

11 Comments
Genuine question, why should someone on benefits be entitled to discounted tickets?
adam_holcombe03/11/2019 22:49

Genuine question, why should someone on benefits be entitled to discounted …Genuine question, why should someone on benefits be entitled to discounted tickets?

Because they may well be on benefits because they’re not able to work? And therefore their disposable income is particularly limited. So they wouldn’t normally be able to afford to go to the theatre in London.

I don’t think it’s that complicated to get your head around.
ArthurJones03/11/2019 22:56

Because they may well be on benefits because they’re not able to work? And …Because they may well be on benefits because they’re not able to work? And therefore their disposable income is particularly limited. So they wouldn’t normally be able to afford to go to the theatre in London.I don’t think it’s that complicated to get your head around.

I'm able to work, and do, but still have s limited disposable income. Where do I sign up?
adam_holcombe03/11/2019 23:03

I'm able to work, and do, but still have s limited disposable income. …I'm able to work, and do, but still have s limited disposable income. Where do I sign up?

Stop being so miserable
adam_holcombe03/11/2019 22:49

Genuine question, why should someone on benefits be entitled to discounted …Genuine question, why should someone on benefits be entitled to discounted tickets?

Someone should be entitled, answer as to why is thus:-
Because the benefit system is an independent system from the discounted ticket system. One system does not affect the other system.
splender04/11/2019 00:10

Someone should be entitled, answer as to why is thus:-Because the benefit …Someone should be entitled, answer as to why is thus:-Because the benefit system is an independent system from the discounted ticket system. One system does not affect the other system.

Yes it does?

Qualifying for benefits qualifies you for discounted tickets..
Edited by: "adam_holcombe" 4th Nov
adam_holcombe03/11/2019 23:03

I'm able to work, and do, but still have s limited disposable income. …I'm able to work, and do, but still have s limited disposable income. Where do I sign up?

You sign up here,, atgtickets.com/cyr…com
adam_holcombe04/11/2019 00:11

Yes it does? Qualifying for benefits qualifies you for discounted tickets..

No, because "the system" is different from "the person". There is no connection between the two independent systems.
Your question was, "Genuine question, why should someone on benefits be entitled to discounted tickets?"

My answer was and is, because there are two independent systems, decisions to entitlement and to give are made by two different decision makers independently. My bold type sentence below explains an example of an independent decision.

What I think that you are alluding to in your question is a feeling of emotion very personal to yourself, which is: "why should someone on benefits..., " which is a feeling very personal to you, that only you know.

If I give out 1,000 tickets to the unemployed, then I can do so, I control my choices of who should benefit. There is no entitlement at all. I give to who I like.

Namely, if you/I give a ticket to someone, this act of give is your/my independent decision. You/I simply give. The action verb, "entitle" cannot be used on a person on state social benefits, as they are on another independent system, the social benefit system, this system has no decision process or power to confer independent and unknown rights/entitlement to all other third party independent systems.

Likewise, to use another simple example, I could choose to give sweets to children who knock on my door on Halloween. The children have no entitlement to sweets when they knocked on my door.

By the way, even if other action verbs (such as: give, offer, , get, obtain...) are used instead of "entitle" in your question of: Why should someone on benefits be entitled to discounted tickets? This question would be just as invalid and suffers from logical reasoning error.
Edited by: "splender" 4th Nov
splender04/11/2019 00:33

No, because "the system" is different from "the person". There is no …No, because "the system" is different from "the person". There is no connection between the two independent systems. Your question was, "Genuine question, why should someone on benefits be entitled to discounted tickets?"My answer was and is, because there are two independent systems, decisions to entitlement and to give are made by two different decision makers independently. My bold type sentence below explains an example of an independent decision. What I think that you are alluding to in your question is a feeling of emotion very personal to yourself, which is: "why should someone on benefits..., " which is a feeling very personal to you, that only you know.If I give out 1,000 tickets to the unemployed, then I can do so, I control my choices of who should benefit. There is no entitlement at all. I give to who I like.Namely, if you/I give a ticket to someone, this act of give is your/my independent decision. You/I simply give. The action verb, "entitle" cannot be used on a person on state social benefits, as they are on another independent system, the social benefit system, this system has no decision process or power to confer independent and unknown rights/entitlement to all other third party independent systems.Likewise, to use another simple example, I could choose to give sweets to children who knock on my door on Halloween. The children have no entitlement to sweets when they knocked on my door.By the way, even if other action verbs (such as: give, offer, , get, obtain...) are used instead of "entitle" in your question of: Why should someone on benefits be entitled to discounted tickets? This question would be just as invalid and suffers from logical reasoning error.

Wow, you must be fun at parties!
adam_holcombe04/11/2019 08:59

Wow, you must be fun at parties!

The parties where you go, if someone does not understand the concept of independent events, and this person sincerely asks of you, "Genuine question, please put me out of my ignorance of independence, freedom, free-will....and independent events, why is blah blah blah."

Now, you understood what I said. You can sincerely use my explanation and pop their fantasy, impossible bubbles of connecting independent events with an association where there is no dependence is possible.

You are now in a better position, having learnt, if others at your party, as you did, ask, "Genuine question, why should someone on benefits be entitled to a freebie or benefit?" or "Why should you (adam holcombe) drink that free beer, you haven't done any work yet to get entitlement?"

You can now proudly say, "Who and where is this person who offer/confer rights or entitlement to the person on benefits. How is this person in control of independent events?"

N.B. I learnt this explanation in life when I was a kid in learning problem solving and analysis, dad had said that I could not have a toy, I always hoped that mum would make an independent decision and say that I could have a toy (and that this toy did not need dad to confer the rights). Now, back to what you said next, "Wow, you must be fun at parties!" At this party, you can now have fun, "When I was a kid, I found out ...indpendent decision making, mum and dad ..blah blah."

Last and not least

This is how it is, one of the ways, in our society, that (compassionate) people, independently give and care for others, for friends, for our relatives.
Therefore, when a bystander asks, "Genuine question, why should someone on benefits be entitled to discounted tickets?", someone like me thinks, why does this bystander connect two independent events, made by two independent decision makers? Is this due to lack of understanding of everyday living, is there a darker motive, low IQ and EQ, or mental health.
Edited by: "splender" 4th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants