Special day into London with 6 year old girl - advice

21 replies
Found 19th Nov 2009
My husband and I are taking our 6 year old daughter to London for the day. We really want to make it a special day for her but we cannot spend a lot. I would have loved to take her to the theatre but price for the 3 of us are just so much. Still i am sure we'll manage to make the day count but would love some to do advice please? Thank you.

1. Misc
  2. London
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. London
21 Comments

go on the london eye and do they still have the dungeons?

Hamley's?

Today I'm pretty sure lastminute.com are doing deals on theatre tickets. Got an email about it this morning which I didn't really read probably but have a look there.

Take her to Hamleys too.... fab toy shop

science museum is free

what day

take her to buck palace and get her to shake her fist furiously at the queen just for the sake of it

or what about a boat ride on the thames

smiler001;6938046

Take her to Hamleys too.... fab toy shop

jackvdbuk;6938053

science museum is free

^^^^^^ these two

greg_68;6938035

Hamley's?

lol thats very expensive shop

car_mad1;6938119

lol thats very expensive shop

you don't have to buy anything, notepad and pen and get her to make a christmas list whilst in there.

Original Poster

We are going on 28th Nov - Thanks I love the hamleys idea - will visit for sure

Original Poster

Yes greg_68 - a christmas list is super idea - she will be thrilled to bits - science museum sounds great also.

greg_68;6938145

you don't have to buy anything, notepad and pen and get her to make a … you don't have to buy anything, notepad and pen and get her to make a christmas list whilst in there.

And kids get to play with the toys that are set up. My two loved it there, got given these funny rubber balloons things free and joined in magic tricks with the demonstrator guy

harrods santa grotto free we just turned up and they let us in as so many dont turn up .also selfridges about £2.00 can book online though.

I would do science museum in morning and then hamleys. if you do it the other way the museum may feel a bit of a let down after all the xmas excitement.

Santa grotto sounds terrific if you can fit it all in.

jackvdbuk;6938053

science museum is free

plus it has a fab play area in the basement xx

What does your 6 yr old like to do?

My girls are older than that now but we live in London... some of their favourite activities have been..

A trip down the thames on boat... ( gosh think its about 3.50 or summin )
Walk down Embankment ( besides the Thames )
The Eye ( as you can see so much of London )
The Globe-- looks just as Shakespeare would have had it... it's fab!
Covent garden for all the street entertainers and markets

Their favourite museums

Science museum ( dont eat in the restaurant, costs a fortune and it's ick! but brill play area in the basement )
Victoria and Albert ( they love this as it's all about clothing and design through the ages.. lots of dressing up opportunities! )
Bethnal Greens Museum of Childhood ( museum of toys! )

Hamleys/ Disney store/Harrods etc are wayyyyyyy busy at this time of year, think CRUSH of people.

Hope this helps xxx

ClarityofMind;6938508

plus it has a fab play area in the basement xx

yeah that is so awesome man! i forgot about that fun for even the most biggest children

Natural History Museum has plenty of dinosaurs, pretty gems and colourful insects to keep children busy. It also has the outdoor Christmas ice rink set up. The Science Museum is just beside it and has plenty for children to do and touch. There are group children activities and guides available at certain times as well the IMAX cinema and flight simulator, these are chargeable - but you can use BOGOF vouchers from daysoutguide.co.uk/sci…eum
There are also vouchers available for all the big attractions (bar The Eye), such as the Zoo, Dungeons and so on as well as a Free London section. We've always used the vouchers successfully without having travelled by train.
Hyde Park is in very close walking proximity and currently has the Christmas Winter Wonderland with plenty to do and see. Oxford Street's lights and Hamleys would also be a great choice. If you do go to The Eye, London Aquarium is right beside it and also available 2for1.

As for theatre, Wicked usually have nose bleed seats as cheap as £15 each (matinee I think). Although the seats are so high, the show still enchanted my baby sister.

Enjoy.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. amazon echo idiots guide812
    2. Credit Card Debt Question...1017
    3. Google maps on Plusnet44
    4. What is gearbest like on warranty?55

See more discussions