Expired

Specsavers vs Vision express for high index lenses

Found 1st Jun 2011
Went to vision express today to be told the 1.74 (50% thinner according to them?) were £260 + the cost of the frame :O

I've just had a look at the specsavers site and i'm assuming the (Ultimate Thin and Light ) is 1.74 as well which is only £90.

Is there any difference in quality or are vision express trying to stupidly overcharge as usual?

I left them my NHS voucher, and now i'm worried they might "lose" it as i want to go specsavers :P
Also, do specsavers let you combine their student/NHS discounts?
Community Updates
MiscCamera Lens
7 Comments
They charge more if your lens "need" more work, different shaped pupils , but seems expensive even if they are thinner
My eyes are weak but pretty normal with a very low astigmatism.
£260 is the base charge for vision express' 50% thinner while specsavers' is £90. Obviously, other things can be factored in like anti-uv which change the price.

I am just confused over how vision express can charge 3x as much for the same product, is the quality worse or something?
I already got a new prescription which i made today.

Also, i like to try out before i buy them as i am VERY picky when it comes to glasses :P
Also, if as i said, specsavers charge £90, it's no wonder they arn't included :P
I've always used vision express, but went to specsavers last time as they were cheaper, but to be honest the service was terrible, took them 5 diff sets of lenses to get my prescription right and in the end I had to go back to vision express to get them to give me a note explaining to the thickos in specsavers what was wrong with the glasses that specsavers had provided.

Won't be going back to specsavers when I need new specs. I think if you have an even slightly more compicated than average prescription they struggle in specsavers.
gimmeabargain

I've always used vision express, but went to specsavers last time as they … I've always used vision express, but went to specsavers last time as they were cheaper, but to be honest the service was terrible, took them 5 diff sets of lenses to get my prescription right and in the end I had to go back to vision express to get them to give me a note explaining to the thickos in specsavers what was wrong with the glasses that specsavers had provided.Won't be going back to specsavers when I need new specs. I think if you have an even slightly more compicated than average prescription they struggle in specsavers.

LOL, i ended up at vision express too. Specsavers are rude and had a terrible choice of glasses.
Cost £260 for a pair of glasses + 1.74 high index glasses.
My friend is in the optical business's and says optitions buy specticle frames in for 50p a pair. Nice profit.
Hello all ,
Let me tell you what I did, no doubt Vision Express has far better service plus environment I.e branches, AC on and the smell of solutions and in house Labs too( 1 hr ) , as for Specsavers , unbelievable , warm branch, too many staff and poor selection of frames and everyone was down and bored.

The issue here is gonna get worst as the optom was that confused he gave me the wrong perscription, eyesight was R( -3 ) and R(. -2.75) he did it the other way round .

Finally the cost of ultra thin lens , I always get a letter head confirming the. £90 for lens from Specsavers and go to Vision Express as they price match!!!! Lol -))))

Top frames
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants