Groups

Speech Writing

Hi,

I need to write a speech for my parents 40th wedding anniversary. googling this appears to bring up mulitple pay sites for getting templates etc.

Anybody know anywhere to get a decent template for free. Only looking for a 2-3 minute speech. Have written quite a bit already but would be nice to polish it a bit.

The better it is hopefully will reduce the nerves, probably at least 100 people at the function. Did a best mans speech once, with a microphone, pretty stressful.

Any help appreciated/ rep giving.:thumbsup:

7 Comments

Original Poster

Thanks Palspal, thats the sort of thing I was looking for. Makes the construction a lot easier. Don't think rep will make any difference to your green boxes :thumbsup:

Pleased to help and why pay when a free to use site is available.

Rep gratefully received but your thank you much, much more valuable to me.:thumbsup:

40 years together..that's great..I'm sure you'll come up with a splendid speech.

Just speak from the heart..and all will be well

Lulu'sMammy

Just speak from the heart..and all will be well

I agree, 100 times better when you just speak from the heart and dont use notes and stuff

Original Poster

From previous experience just speaking off the cuff won't work for me. You really need to be an experienced public speaker to have the confidence to do that. As I said i've only done one best man speech before and wrote that over a few days. I agree though it needs to be my words and not just some stuff I've copied and pasted.
    The template thing was what I was looking for to help give the speech a decent structure.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions