Speed camera help please pic now inc

Hi I was wondering can speed cameras get you from the side as I came to a busy crossroads with traffic lights and the road to my right has a speed camera on it(yellow one) and I went through the light on amber, the camera would of been pointed at the side if my car as I went forward over the lights and not right where the camera was, it's the one on grapes hill in Norwich if anyone knows it, thanks

17 Comments

if it was on amber you have no worries

they wouldnt be able to get your number plate from the side ? and going through on amber isnt an offence

Banned

A speed camera would only be activated by speed, not a traffic light offence. So assuming you only went through and amber and weren't speeding, you're fine. And as the others have said, it has to get a photo of your plates which are most definitely NOT on the side of you car!

Nice of you to be so specific about where you were and the offences you comitted.

im sure someone will love to know that.

Anyhoo,

they'll track you along that road and CCTV will nab you.

If anything, amber means get your foot down and drive faster.

You are safe, the traffic light cam sensors dont activate until the lights have been on red for 1 second.

Original Poster

vengod;7349823

Nice of you to be so specific about where you were and the offences you … Nice of you to be so specific about where you were and the offences you comitted. im sure someone will love to know that.Anyhoo, they'll track you along that road and CCTV will nab you.

Yeh thanks for your superb advice, your comments arnt wanted on my thread thanks to everyone else

Banned

you´re gonna get a knock on the door around 3am I would think.

Original Poster

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w37/strobez977/speedcameragrapeshill.jpg

Original Poster

Hard to see the writting but i was in the right hand lane ready to turn up the hill,this is just a good pic i took from google earth of course not taken from today

you have nothing to worry about, going through amber is not an offence.also its a speed camera which is only triggered by excessive speed, it also has to have the lines in the road( your side ! ) to gauge your speed..

££ JASE ££;7349826

If anything, amber means get your foot down and drive faster.

:thinking:

The amber light actually means STOP unless its not safe to do so.

It's not a speed camera it a red traffic light camera. It's only active when the lights are on red and is triggered by a sensor in the road normally about a yard in front of the white stop line.

Just noticed if you were next to where the van is and turned right this camera doesn't affect you as it's for the junction that the bus it at.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;7354980

It's not a speed camera it a red traffic light camera. It's only active … It's not a speed camera it a red traffic light camera. It's only active when the lights are on red and is triggered by a sensor in the road normally about a yard in front of the white stop line.

it comes up on the website as a speed camera, also i though thats what the white lines in the road are for, am i wrong?

Banned

strobez1977;7354993

it comes up on the website as a speed camera, also i though thats what … it comes up on the website as a speed camera, also i though thats what the white lines in the road are for, am i wrong?

If there are markings on the road, then yes, it's a speed camera. As I said before, you're fine as the camera HAS to get a clear shot of the rear number plate, which it obviously cannot do from where you were.

strobez1977;7354993

it comes up on the website as a speed camera, also i though thats what … it comes up on the website as a speed camera, also i though thats what the white lines in the road are for, am i wrong?

If there are line then it may be also being used as a speed camera. This does not change the fact that it's directional. This camera is for the direction the bus is traveling.

Was there traffic waiting at the bottom of the hill.
Eg at the line where the camera is pointed at?

We turned at a junction like yours the other day and one of those cameras went off, but someone was clearly sitting with their whole car over the line.... So it should be them that got flashed, not you.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1313
    2. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1618
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846083
    4. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2243

See more discussions