Found 17th Aug 2016
Bit of a noob and was wondering if anyone can look at the image of the performance tab in the comments and tell me what looks wrong with it and if there's anything I can do to speed things up. (That it with no obvious programmes running)

13 Comments

?? Looks bad......

What's your pc specs? Cpu etc, also how long since a install? Has it been updated to win 10 lately?

Original Poster

Amd a-4 5000 1.5ghz 8gb Ram. Nothing special I know but it's even struggling to stream videos without them braking up. (Not buffering) updated it to Windows 10 just yesterday

Original Poster

Breaking*

Sounds like windows 10 has made it go slow, Might be a good idea to back up anything you want to keep and do a fresh windows 10 install, Then hopefully it'll run sweet.!.

You could also roll back the installation, I'd still back everything up though, Just incase.!.

Original Poster

shauneco

Sounds like windows 10 has made it go slow, Might be a good idea to back … Sounds like windows 10 has made it go slow, Might be a good idea to back up anything you want to keep and do a fresh windows 10 install, Then hopefully it'll run sweet.!.You could also roll back the installation, I'd still back everything up though, Just incase.!.

Forgot to mention it was slow before the update too. Thought updating might help but stayed about the same

Your disk is running at 100% (Disk0 (C: D:) - 3rd item down. The system looks discbound
How much free space do you have?
Have you run a defrag? If not do so and just leave it to run till it finishes
Get rid of any clutter
Is your antivirus up-to-date? If not update it and run a scan. Additionally try using Malawarebytes and/or Superantispyware

Would like to see the running processes.
Is the PC updating windows? or are all updates installed.

It would probably be worth getting someone who knows how to check your system to do so.(Friends/relatives)

https://s4.postimg.io/a59ekkor1/image.jpg

^^^^OP's image^^^^^

Download and install CCleaner - cleanup temp/history

that's just for starters

then still using CCleaner clean registry (backup registry if you must but I've never had issue in 10+ years
then still using CCleaner click Tools then Startups and do an internet search to see if you need a particular software to be there (generally you'll see audio/monitor/keyboard <
Then reboot and look at what "Process" on Task Manager is running and search internet to identify

and what he says >>>> kamisuma

With that much disk activity it's probably a bug in a background program rather than something you can optimise/cleanup etc.

The first thing to do is to go to the details tab, right click on a column header, chose select columns and tick the I/O ____ bytes columns.

Whichever figure is high and increasing faster than the others is likely to be the culprit.

Back up your data, then create a win 10 bootable USB, then reinstall win 10 (fresh install), 99% if the time this solves win 10 update issues, people just think it's win 10 that's rubbish when in reality it's the conflict of the update to an old worn out operating system being currently used,

Windows can chunter away for a hell of a long time doing things after an update.
If you have the system sleep after a relatively short time, it may never complete the post processing.

Set it to never sleep on power, and give it a few hours to see if it settles.
Check the programs using Disk in "resource monitor" to see which programs are causing the load.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. CEX grading33
    2. Switch from BT to BT same property different person633
    3. What are the prices of supermarket counter pizzas?44
    4. Mobile phone advice55

See more discussions