Speeding Fines

Posted 28th Jan
So I was caught doing 57mph in a 40mph zone on a dual carriageway in Scotland. Just want to double check the current rules - is it still £100 and 3pts if I fess up to it?
I notice a number of websites out there (mainly legal websites so that's probably the reason) mention the A, B, C Banding and fines based on weekly income which would make the fine a lot higher for me. I gather that this is just for those who want to take it to court, or excessive speeds (hopefully higher than 57 in a 40) but wanted to be sure...?
Many thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I think it might be band B plus points, not sure if you have any points already.

39785552-PjTQx.jpg
Edited by: "Mum2CerysCiaran" 28th Jan
Mum2CerysCiaran28/01/2020 21:40

I think it might be band B plus points, not sure if you have any points …I think it might be band B plus points, not sure if you have any points already. [Image]

Is that Scots road law or English?

Who caught you? If an officer then they normally give a ticket for fixed penalty there n then. If a camera have you got a letter?

You get told your options before you make the choices wouldn’t bother 2nd guessing them
Unsure tbh, i do know however family member got a 28day ban for speeding.
Your understanding is correct, 57mph in a 40mph should be eligible for a fixed penalty of £100 and three points, no speed awareness courses in Scotland. If you don't accept the fixed penalty or if you were doing 66+mph you'd be going to court and the fine would be income based.
Thanks all!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants