Groups

speeding ticket!

Anyone know a real website that can check speeding tickets on? Bad day!

51 Comments

Original Poster

gm8dwj

www.pepipoo.com

Can i check my reg on there?

dont think so , but lots of good advice there

Don't speed

Original Poster

thedvdmonster

Don't speed

I don't usually! The kids were kicking off and i didnt realise! Im **** of with myself enough so dont start please

ellese

I don't usually! The kids were kicking off and i didnt realise! Im **** … I don't usually! The kids were kicking off and i didnt realise! Im **** of with myself enough so dont start please

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't have an accident or anything especially with your kids in the car. I know it's very frustrating but try to look to the positive

99% of the time if they've given you a ticket you'll have pay it whether you were speeding or not. As the court will automatically accept the info given to them by the police.
    Just remember this is a revenue generation operation. .

if your car is registered to correct name and address than wait 14 working days and relax

thedvdmonster

Don't speed

Yep. Don't speed. How I never got a speeding ticket when I lived in the U.K. Is beyond me. But then I moved to a country where the speeds are really slow and the fines are very, very high (you even get breathalised as a routine here and the limits are 0.nothing). Needless to say, it's actually quite nice to drive at the speed limit, you don't get there any quicker, proven time and again. I miss the old me.

ellese

I don't usually! The kids were kicking off and i didnt realise! Im **** … I don't usually! The kids were kicking off and i didnt realise! Im **** of with myself enough so dont start please

So speeding and not paying attention to the road with kids in the car then?

Original Poster

pookey1

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't have an accident or anything … Look on the bright side, at least you didn't have an accident or anything especially with your kids in the car. I know it's very frustrating but try to look to the positive

Thank you. I know this but so annoyed with myself cos it really is not like me to speed!

Nothing you can do now so sit back and await the fine & 3 points & increase on insurance next year

no website unfortunately. were you definitely caught? camera? van? motorway gantry? speed you think you were going?

Original Poster

blake285

no website unfortunately. were you definitely caught? camera? van? … no website unfortunately. were you definitely caught? camera? van? motorway gantry? speed you think you were going?

It was a camera van on a bridge that i went under on a dual carriageway i think i was doing 75ish before i noticed them!

Original Poster

blake285

no website unfortunately. were you definitely caught? camera? van? … no website unfortunately. were you definitely caught? camera? van? motorway gantry? speed you think you were going?

I checked my reg on a website and thats whats got me flapping but it says offence committed on the 13th!

Original Poster

blake285

I checked my reg on a website and thats whats got me flapping but it says offence committed on the 13th!

Did you expect sympathy?

ellese

It was a camera van on a bridge that i went under on a dual carriageway i … It was a camera van on a bridge that i went under on a dual carriageway i think i was doing 75ish before i noticed them!

​What was speed limit. You don't normally get a ticket unless you are doing speed limit +10℅+2mph.

dafunq

Nothing you can do now so sit back and await the fine & 3 points & … Nothing you can do now so sit back and await the fine & 3 points & increase on insurance next year

They might let you take a speed awareness course

Sambat

Did you expect sympathy?

​No obviously not if you read their post you miserable git

ellese

I checked my reg on a website and thats whats got me flapping but it says … I checked my reg on a website and thats whats got me flapping but it says offence committed on the 13th!

There's a few fake websites that always do the rounds every year on certain forums just to scare people, but do you actually have a speeding ticket yet? There is no genuine site to confirm either way, best thing I would do is call the non emergency police number and ask if it can be checked as you are unsure and want to confirm before you have xmas expenses to pay for etc.

ellese

It was a camera van on a bridge that i went under on a dual carriageway i … It was a camera van on a bridge that i went under on a dual carriageway i think i was doing 75ish before i noticed them!

​Unless you're unlucky or you speedo is reading quite under then I think you'll be OK.

Have you checked your speedo against GPS? Could be your car is reading faster than it is & you were actually doing 71mph

Sit back, enjoy Christmas try to forget about it until/If it arrives in the post

Original Poster

Rich44

​Unless you're unlucky or you speedo is reading quite under then I think y … ​Unless you're unlucky or you speedo is reading quite under then I think you'll be OK. Have you checked your speedo against GPS? Could be your car is reading faster than it is & you were actually doing 71mphSit back, enjoy Christmas try to forget about it until/If it arrives in the post

Its a new car so would of thought its right? Will try to thank you!

ellese

I checked my reg on a website and thats whats got me flapping but it says … I checked my reg on a website and thats whats got me flapping but it says offence committed on the 13th!

What website? Lots of 'joke' ones out there

Original Poster

jaydeeuk1

What website? Lots of 'joke' ones out there

i-database

Original Poster

Sambat

Did you expect sympathy?

Far from it!

ellese

Its a new car so would of thought its right? Will try to thank you!

​It always reads more than you doing, no mater what you drive. Usually 5-8%.

Rich44

​Unless you're unlucky or you speedo is reading quite under then I think y … ​Unless you're unlucky or you speedo is reading quite under then I think you'll be OK. Have you checked your speedo against GPS? Could be your car is reading faster than it is & you were actually doing 71mphSit back, enjoy Christmas try to forget about it until/If it arrives in the post

Yeah right. Where that falls down is when the equipment is 'tweaked'. Passed a camera van, speedo reads 37, GPS app on phone reads 37, get a ticket for speeding at 47! No recourse to challenge because the court will always accepted the vans reading and nothing else.
    It's a pure revenue gathering exercise and if they're behind they do what it takes to catch up.
    It's a system with no oversight. . .
    Edited by: "steve1221" 19th Dec 2016

I think you'll be fine if it was on a bridge then it might be checking for mot's insurance and tax, try not to worry and enjoy christmas

if the speed limit was 70mph i think youll be fine. im not gonna preach as others have and ignore the sites suggested, you wont know ubtil the notification drops on your door mat. all the best

You can put any number in here and it will tell you "you have been caught" definately fake i-database.co.uk/

What nutjob is down-voting all the comments

As mentioned earlier. If the speed limit was 70mph the camera van(if it was checking for speed) would be normally set for 10%+2 = 79mph. Rich 44 mentioned about your cars speed against gps. Your car speedo isn't 100% exact but close. I found that using GPS when it read 70mph my speedo read 77 and generally read 10% out but that may not be the case on all vehicles/gps's.
    Pookie1 mentioned about speed awareness courses, but if the offence was committed in Scotland, there are no allowances for speed awareness courses its a straight £100 fine and 3pts.
    I hope this helps in some way but as others have rightly said, don't let it spoil your Christmas and New year. Best of luck.

Original Poster

mattsokolinski

What nutjob is down-voting all the comments

What does that mean?

Original Poster

Kaos_KS

As mentioned earlier. If the speed limit was 70mph the camera van(if it … As mentioned earlier. If the speed limit was 70mph the camera van(if it was checking for speed) would be normally set for 10%+2 = 79mph. Rich 44 mentioned about your cars speed against gps. Your car speedo isn't 100% exact but close. I found that using GPS when it read 70mph my speedo read 77 and generally read 10% out but that may not be the case on all vehicles/gps's.Pookie1 mentioned about speed awareness courses, but if the offence was committed in Scotland, there are no allowances for speed awareness courses its a straight £100 fine and 3pts. I hope this helps in some way but as others have rightly said, don't let it spoil your Christmas and New year. Best of luck.

Thanks, i was in the wrong and fully take blame for it obviously but genuinely a 1 off and would rather have known if i had been snapped but what will be will be! I haven't hurt anyone and will not be making same mistake again! Thanks for taking time to comment! Nothing i can do now but wait and see! Hopefully the nice policeman was in a good mood today!!

Rich44

​No obviously not if you read their post you miserable git

Ha ha ha

Kaos_KS

As mentioned earlier. If the speed limit was 70mph the camera van(if it … As mentioned earlier. If the speed limit was 70mph the camera van(if it was checking for speed) would be normally set for 10%+2 = 79mph. Rich 44 mentioned about your cars speed against gps. Your car speedo isn't 100% exact but close. I found that using GPS when it read 70mph my speedo read 77 and generally read 10% out but that may not be the case on all vehicles/gps's.Pookie1 mentioned about speed awareness courses, but if the offence was committed in Scotland, there are no allowances for speed awareness courses its a straight £100 fine and 3pts. I hope this helps in some way but as others have rightly said, don't let it spoil your Christmas and New year. Best of luck.

​It might not be accurate as you think, mine was quite out as rolling radius had been changed by new wheels etc which was just a thought for peace of mind really agree with you tho

Kaos_KS

Due to the government imposed rules on speedo accuracy, all speedos are set to read 10% above the actual speed as a minimum (ie on brand new tyres); when worn down a bit, the difference can be nearer 15%, so a speedo indication of 75 can be anywhere from ~64 to 67.5mph, so dont worry.

As for the crooked speed camera v gps; post earlier, did you continue with the appeal and was it a gps enabled dashcam with you keeping the file intact??

I got told a couple of years ago that the Police rarely contest a speed camera v gps camera appeal, as the gps is more accurate than their cameras, even when they can be bothered to calibrate them.

And remember people, the speedo is part of the same mechanism that reads mileage and mpg, so you are also being swindled by 10-15 % on those as well.

I was doing 33 in a 30 zone had 3 points £180 fine £25 costs. so no 10%+2 for me
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767486
      2. Bearded chat35
      3. One thing you've forgotten1518
      4. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1932

See more discussions