Groups

Spelling mistake in latest Cillitt Bang ad... wot a saddo I am...

Did you notice the latest Cillitt Bang advert with the super voiceover by the fabulous Barry Scott?

Well it's an ad for a multi-purpose cleaner. Anyway, in the graphics bit they have spelt Stainless Steel as - STEAL

What a bunch of NUMPTIES! Some ad agency is being paid an obscene amount to get it totally wrong. If you have nothing better to do check it out. If they haven't changed it.

18 Comments

Ha Ha , I have to admit, I spotted that aswell, we are wierd

im afraid i was the numpty that wrote the ad
    lol do we have a youtube link?

Original Poster

dean3988;2196581

Ha Ha , I have to admit, I spotted that aswell, we are wierd

yes, I think I agree with you. Actually to be totally honest I went on their website and filled out one of those "disgruntled customer" forms and told them. I am hoping they might send me a pile of cleaning goodies!! On the other hand they might tell me I am sad and need to get out more. Ho hum. ..:whistling:

How did you escape my avatar spammers?

The rest of the gang are waiting for you to re-join them;-)

perhaps it was on purpose. as in "cillit bang is such a steal for the price"

Original Poster

numptyj;2196592

im afraid i was the numpty that wrote the ad :plol do we have a youtube … im afraid i was the numpty that wrote the ad :plol do we have a youtube link?

Err no only the happy hardcore version

youtube.com/wat…In8

I will look out for it ... well spotted :thumbsup:

spammers;2196623

Err no only the happy hardcore version … Err no only the happy hardcore version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPONH2j4In8

lol

Original Poster

hmm actually robtallica I met another one of the guys the other day but he totally blanked me.... off to beat the hell outtame drum kit now boohooo

Is it this one?:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:
    youtube.com/wat…ted

Warning contains adult humour!

Original Poster

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-

You dirty o b

ha ha ha ha

harlzter;2196672

Is it this … Is it this one?:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlluUC3etL4&feature=relatedWarning contains adult humour!

http://www.forumsextreme.com/imgs1/sSig_rofl.gif

I mentioned you the other day too spammers - 14 or 15 posts down] right here

I bagged one for you before it expired - it's in the post

Original Poster

robtallica;2196799

I mentioned you the other day too spammers - 14 or 15 posts down] right … I mentioned you the other day too spammers - 14 or 15 posts down] right hereI bagged one for you before it expired - it's in the post

An expression of my gratitude to you

youtube.com/wat…0Ns

My other half noticed it too!!

While we are on the subject, apart from the man from cillit bang,
    who the hell is barry scott and why would i trust him to tell me how i should clean my bog?

Original Poster

maddogb;2197336

While we are on the subject, apart from the man from cillit bang, who the … While we are on the subject, apart from the man from cillit bang, who the hell is barry scott and why would i trust him to tell me how i should clean my bog?

He's the pretend man from Cillitt Bang, his name isn't really Barry Scott. He does all the talking over the ads.

Why they want us to try and believe he owns the company (well that's the impression I get) god only knows why.

Any man that tells you how to clean your bog is worth listening too! Ha ha lol

Original Poster

http://www.marketing-podcast-nl.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/cillitbang.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Apples new update58
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767162
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1837
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553745

See more discussions