Spend my google play money using google pay

Posted 25th Dec 2019
Ive got £20s of google play balance built up using google rewards app. Can i spend this using Google pay app?

i.e. Can i spend it at weatherspoons or Just Eat using the google app or even directly

Ta!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
You cant
I had over £20 on mine and recently lost it all without warning because it was over 12 months old credit.
I never knew it had to be used in 12 months and didn't recieve email etc.. quite annoying
Mark_Hickman25/12/2019 23:42

I had over £20 on mine and recently lost it all without warning because it …I had over £20 on mine and recently lost it all without warning because it was over 12 months old credit.I never knew it had to be used in 12 months and didn't recieve email etc.. quite annoying

There are other ways but one effective way is if you have the Rewards app installed.
This will confirm your current Google play balance, including the amount and date of your next deduction.
Google Play balance can only be used for purchases on the Play store.

I had over £20 on mine and recently lost it all without warning because it …I had over £20 on mine and recently lost it all without warning because it was over 12 months old credit.I never knew it had to be used in 12 months and didn't recieve email etc.. quite annoying

Same here, not impressed, I knew they had to be used but they never let me know and you can't see how long you have left on which part of your credit
niconelove26/12/2019 11:42

Same here, not impressed, I knew they had to be used but they never let me …Same here, not impressed, I knew they had to be used but they never let me know and you can't see how long you have left on which part of your credit

After i lost mine there was an update recently and now it shows a date and how much you will lose next under your balance, but they knew it affected many people.
When i logged in after losing my balance there was a message saying if youve recently been affected and lost your credit check back here on x date.
So i thought they were going to give us our credit back to use within a new set time but nothing happend and i didnt get anything back i just now get a date for my remaining credit.
Its unfair that they never told you it had to be used within a certain time and then it just disappeared and thats when they told you about the 12 months
Nope you cannot as it is but if you really want to do that make yourself a channel on YouTube (owned by Google so you can spend money there) and record something. Set it up as paid clip and buy it off of yourself with Google credit.

I had £54.35 accumulated in a few years and even though they stated it will revert back to zero if not used in 12 months I kind of left it as it did not happen in the previous years and all of a sudden my balance went from £54.35 to £0.50 overnight. So unhappy as I could have bought quite a few things with that credit . Just never thought it will happen and kept on earning more and more and spending nothing.
addy201326/12/2019 14:39

I had £54.35 accumulated in a few years and even though they stated it …I had £54.35 accumulated in a few years and even though they stated it will revert back to zero if not used in 12 months I kind of left it as it did not happen in the previous years and all of a sudden my balance went from £54.35 to £0.50 overnight. So unhappy as I could have bought quite a few things with that credit . Just never thought it will happen and kept on earning more and more and spending nothing.

Very sad 😔
Mark_Hickman26/12/2019 14:46

Very sad 😔

Yeah! Wish Google should have sent us a reminder giving 48 hours or something to all of us before taking away all the hard earned credit. This way we could have done something with this amount. Taking it away all of a sudden is so annoying.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions