Spending £100 paypal gift? Good or bad.

If you buy something on here and the seller asks for Paypal Gift payment, why is this legit?

For starters, if anything happens that you dont receive the item, you have no recourse through Paypal to recover your funds.

What are your thoughts on this?

14 Comments

Check the persons feedback and decide yourself or ask others if you think he's trust worthy.
He asks for PP Gift to avoid fees but he should give you the option of normal paypal as long as you pay the fees.

Only use Paypal gift if you trust the seller - i.e if he/she has v good feedback on here. Plus following the trading rules by getting their contact details etc.

Id never pay via PP gift to a new member or anyone with none to little feedback. Unless they posted the item first.

But yes like the above poster says if you are not happy with PP gift you can always add the fee's on top

NO! never just go through normal paypal as something might go wrong!!!

Banned

The reason many people sell on here is to avoid the e bay. There are plenty of people on there who will claim back through paypal even though you've sent the item and know theyve had it etc.

Using feedback on here, u can check the persons reliability and if they have none can always request to post first.

Banned

i have paid a seller with normal paypal on here until its been delivered then asked them to refund and repaid with paypal gift to save on the fees....worked for us

dont forget to take their address and phone number and to br really sure ask for copy of driving license or a bill with name and address on

take the precautions a retailer would

a good way of validating their home telephone number without an awkward phone call, do what i do.

request their landline number,
text a 4 number code
ask them to PM u the 4 number code
there ya go, saves a daft call, hello is this ur number, yes, ok thanks haha....

Banned

tazandsaz;4961889

a good way of validating their home telephone number without an awkward … a good way of validating their home telephone number without an awkward phone call, do what i do.request their landline number,text a 4 number code ask them to PM u the 4 number codethere ya go, saves a daft call, hello is this ur number, yes, ok thanks haha....

how do you text to a landline number?:thinking:

casparwhite;4962028

how do you text to a landline number?:thinking:

same way you would text a normal mobile phone.
an automated voice just reads your message. its a bit creepy :P

Banned

Jetpac;4962064

same way you would text a normal mobile phone.an automated voice just … same way you would text a normal mobile phone.an automated voice just reads your message. its a bit creepy :P

really?

i honestly never knew you could do that.....is it standard across all suppliers?

the same way that you text to a mobile and it comes through to the other person as a phone call and then it is read out by an automated person/robot.....

BT had Tom Baker reading the texts a while ago - it was great fun texting someone with a relevent message like "Hello, my name is Tom Baker and I wanted to wish you Happy Birthday.."

Banned

chris_b;4962074

the same way that you text to a mobile and it comes through to the other … the same way that you text to a mobile and it comes through to the other person as a phone call and then it is read out by an automated person/robot.....

never done that either?

aye same as they say above lol...it can be a laugh txting work....lol...but thats another story hah...

but yeah i think in most cases it works exactly the same but its read out...which is why numbers are better than words, cos the automated woman can sound a bit odd hah

Original Poster

ah spam is good isnt it, lol.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1111
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846070
    3. (heads up) Mini SNES price finally dropped on Amazon pre orders44
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763843

See more discussions