Groups

Spending an HMV Gift Card Online ?

Is there any way I can spend money off a HMV Gift Card bought instore to buy HD DVDs from their website.

Any help would be appreciated.

18 Comments

you have a student discount card?

Original Poster

No its just a Gift Card that I got for a pressie.

has to be instore

Original Poster

If I went instore is there any way they could swap it so I could use it online ?

o ryt, sorry i read wrong!

I asked this the other day. Apparently its because of security reasons.

'Due to legal reasons, we are unfortunately unable to accept HMV Gift Cards as payment for purchases through the web site. They can only be used in one of our High Street stores. In future, why not ask for an HMV EGift certificate which can be purchased and used through the hmv web site.'

Legal reasons lol.

Original Poster

I know, the 2 HD-DVDs I want online cost £4.99 each but instore they are £20 - £25 each

Why not ask if you can buy from the website in store. They might allow that.

could buy this voucher of you if you like ???

Original Poster

4241mackay;2202628

could buy this voucher of you if you like ???

No thanks, I am going to go to HMV tomorrow to see what can be done (if anything)

o ryt, no probs, cheers anyway

joerob1972;2202641

No thanks, I am going to go to HMV tomorrow to see what can be done (if … No thanks, I am going to go to HMV tomorrow to see what can be done (if anything)

Let me know how you get on as I also have a gift card that id like to spend elsewhere.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;2202706

Let me know how you get on as I also have a gift card that id like to … Let me know how you get on as I also have a gift card that id like to spend elsewhere.

Are you trying to get your money back off the card to spend in a different shop ?

Basically, if you've got a gift card, you have to spend it instore. They're not going to offer you an alternative.

Your best bet is to sell it at a small loss and then buy from the website, will actually save money that way! Is wrong that you have to do that though, the prices should be the same or you should be able to chose which of the 2 places you spend them

joerob1972;2202772

Are you trying to get your money back off the card to spend in a … Are you trying to get your money back off the card to spend in a different shop ?

Well ideally id like to get a refund on the card and use the money somewhere else, but that doesn't seem to be an option open to anyone.

Ill prob just sell the card or buy something instore.

I was given an HMV gift card as a present, shame, if I cannot use it on their website toward the cost of a purchase and have to make a 30 mile round trip to an HMV store to use it. Most shops and stores in the UK have a mail order set up for customers who wish to shop on line. I am told that HMV do not have this facility.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Unfair Dismissal33
      2. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early55
      3. Have you used Powershop electricity supplier? Have you saved much? Is it …23
      4. No claims discount proof - Help needed910

See more discussions