Groups

Spending like a man with no arms????

Someone at work has just used this saying only to set half the office in hysterics......

Anyone know what it actually means or why??? Seems to contradict!!!

17 Comments

Banned

They are not spending because they have no arms to pay for items :thinking:

does it not mean they are not spending as the man with no arms cant reach his wallet.

Banned

I could do with tying my arms behind my back for a few weeks :thumbsup:

this thread is armist!

Original Poster

Apparently it means your spending lots of money so totally against common sense....

No offence intended ;-)

Banned

it meens your a tightwad and most probably scottish

most scots men are known for having short arms and deep pockets

daz1981;7505790

it meens your a tightwad and most probably scottishmost scots men are … it meens your a tightwad and most probably scottishmost scots men are known for having short arms and deep pockets

:x :lol: my jeans have small pockets (they are half way down my ass though lol) and i have long arms cos im 6 ft 4 :lol:

Banned

micoo;7505803

:x :lol: my jeans have small pockets (they are half way down my ass … :x :lol: my jeans have small pockets (they are half way down my ass though lol) and i have long arms cos im 6 ft 4 :lol:

I have long arms too but I'm only 5ft 11" and it makes me look like a monkey :cry:

It isn't a contradiction - you spend like a man with no arms i.e you don't - you cant get your hand in your pocket or wallet so you dont spend anything.

Similar to as useful as a one legged man in an ar** kicking contest - he can't kick as he only has one leg and would therefore fall over.

However a no-armed man in this household would spend like the clappers - as his other half would nick his cards and cash and be off like a shot!! :thumbsup:

Banned

daz1981;7505790

it meens your a tightwad and most probably scottishmost scots men are … it meens your a tightwad and most probably scottishmost scots men are known for having short arms and deep pockets

I like the scottish accent but I wouldn't be interested in a tight wad :-D

Banned

lumoruk;7505812

I have long arms too but I'm only 5ft 11" and it makes me look like a … I have long arms too but I'm only 5ft 11" and it makes me look like a monkey :cry:

That's quite tall :?

DLM;7505835

That's quite tall :?

no need to humour him :lol:

im offended im not a grippy scot!!!:giggle:

This thread seems 'armless enough.

Banned

micoo;7505857

no need to humour him :lol:

lmao:thumbsup:

Half of your office have a very poor sense of humour if that phrase rocked their boats!

Spending like a man with short arms and deep pockets.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions