Groups

Spending nearly £800.00 in Sleepmasters would you expect to pay full?

What is the chance of getting a few quid knocked off the final amount.

55 Comments

i dont get you. if something is £800 then its £800 sleepmasters isnt a turkish market stall where you can haggle.

greyparrot;7957843

i dont get you. if something is £800 then its £800 sleepmasters isnt a t … i dont get you. if something is £800 then its £800 sleepmasters isnt a turkish market stall where you can haggle.

Are you only allowed to discuss the price if it is a Turkish market stall?

Why don't you tell us the product so we can help you dertemine if we can find it cheaper or not?

Banned

greyparrot;7957843

i dont get you. if something is £800 then its £800 sleepmasters isnt a t … i dont get you. if something is £800 then its £800 sleepmasters isnt a turkish market stall where you can haggle.

how wrong you are. Many retailers will haggle on price, especially the likes of currys etc where they are selling for well OTT anyway.

greyparrot;7957843

Here was me thinking you don't get if you don't ask.

I reckon all you can do is ask them for a cheeky discount, no need to be Turkish to do that!

pghstochaj;7957860

Are you only allowed to discuss the price if it is a Turkish market stall?

well personally i wouldnt embarass myself by walking into a uk store and asking for a discount. we are in the uk we dont get discounts at a drop of a hat just because you dont want to pay full price.

csiman;7957875

how wrong you are. Many retailers will haggle on price, especially the … how wrong you are. Many retailers will haggle on price, especially the likes of currys etc where they are selling for well OTT anyway.

+1

I always haggle on electrical products...whats the worse they're going to say!

Banned

well i would haggle, and would leave the shop if they wouldnt play ball

sassie;7957890

seriously.

csiman;7957875

how wrong you are. Many retailers will haggle on price, especially the … how wrong you are. Many retailers will haggle on price, especially the likes of currys etc where they are selling for well OTT anyway.

this is sooooo right, especially currys. Friend of mine used to get 100's of quid off stuff in curry's. He could haggle for hours.

greyparrot;7957843

Completely wrong.

If I wanted to buy something with an £800 price tag in any shop I would expect something off the ticket price. If I didn't get it I would walk and find somewhere else.

greyparrot;7957882

well personally i wouldnt embarass myself by walking into a uk store and … well personally i wouldnt embarass myself by walking into a uk store and asking for a discount. we are in the uk we dont get discounts at a drop of a hat just because you dont want to pay full price.

Well that's you. If you are happy to pay the ticket price then good for you.

mcnally32;7957910

this is sooooo right, especially currys. Friend of mine used to get … this is sooooo right, especially currys. Friend of mine used to get 100's of quid off stuff in curry's. He could haggle for hours.

lol i know if you tried it in a store near me you would get a funny look followed by NO and the full shop staring at you.

Banned

greyparrot;7957907

seriously.

yes seriously, why pay more than you need to

andrewnclark;7957876

Here was me thinking you don't get if you don't ask.I reckon all you can … Here was me thinking you don't get if you don't ask.I reckon all you can do is ask them for a cheeky discount, no need to be Turkish to do that!

totally agree

My stepmum is the best at haggling - she does it with everything. It got to the point where as soon as my dad sees her heading for a shop assistant he leaves the shop as he's with the poster above who believes you should just pay the asking price. BUT she gets money off nearly everything - she bought 2 pairs of UGGs from John Lewis and managed to get a discount. Embarrassing yes, and not something everyone would do but fair play to her I say.

omg i would always ask for discount....i thought it was normal practice lol

Original Poster

Adam2050;7957872

Why don't you tell us the product so we can help you dertemine if we can … Why don't you tell us the product so we can help you dertemine if we can find it cheaper or not?

Sleepmasters.co.uk

Madison king size bed and 2 matching bedside cabinets. They are exclusive to Sleepmasters as I have trawled the web looking.

sleepmasters are very overpriced you pay more and recieve less in quality (£800 in most independant stores you will pay £500 for the same thing or better), iknow this because i am a retailer and mattress manufacturer

greyparrot;7957927

lol i know if you tried it in a store near me you would get a funny look … lol i know if you tried it in a store near me you would get a funny look followed by NO and the full shop staring at you.

You just have to be confident, and in control. Make them laugh, charm them, pamper them, then get your discount

Make them an offer of £700. If they say how about £750 tell them you'll sleep on it.

greyparrot;7957882

well personally i wouldnt embarass myself by walking into a uk store and … well personally i wouldnt embarass myself by walking into a uk store and asking for a discount. we are in the uk we dont get discounts at a drop of a hat just because you dont want to pay full price.

I lol'd HARD

if you were going to buy something expensive always look to go for discount, places want business.

If your looking for a 50p mars bar in a newsagent then dont ask for discount

dontasciime;7958016

Make them an offer of £700. If they say how about £750 tell them you'll s … Make them an offer of £700. If they say how about £750 tell them you'll sleep on it.

haha

Banned

greyparrot;7957882

maybe you dont but have you ever asked? you are obviously in a minority.

csiman;7958125

maybe you dont but have you ever asked? you are obviously in a minority.

i find it embarissing tbh.i am finding this thread interesting on just how many of you do it.

Banned

greyparrot;7958153

i find it embarissing tbh.i am finding this thread interesting on just … i find it embarissing tbh.i am finding this thread interesting on just how many of you do it.

tbh, I have only tried it once and that worked. Was years ago mind as I havent bought anything from a high street shop for years!

Yes, I'd ask and see if they will give a discount - we kitted out a 4 bed house and got a great discount from Dreams bedstore, if you don't ask you don't get, you've got nothing to lose.

This thread reminds me of the Omid Djalili advert for moneysupermarket.com 'In the Middle East we have a name for people born without the ability to haggle - we call them 'British'' lol. guardian.co.uk/med…ket

Of course you ask, if they say no then at least you have tried.

If they dont knock any money off ask for some extras instead, pillows or something

Banned

greyparrot;7957882

epic fail

Two thirds of UK high street retailers give non publicised discounts to … Two thirds of UK high street retailers give non publicised discounts to customers who are brave enough to haggle, according to a report published last week by moneysupermarket.com.

ruthbadger.com/blo…le/

Banned

bykergrove;7958700

epic fail

Shut up you

Banned

DLM;7958733

Shut up you

lol badger knows best!

bluebindy123;7957978

Sleepmasters.co.ukMadison king size bed and 2 matching bedside cabinets. … Sleepmasters.co.ukMadison king size bed and 2 matching bedside cabinets. They are exclusive to Sleepmasters as I have trawled the web looking.

Have you Googled this?

It says exclusive to Sleepmasters but other suppliers are selling Madison kimg sized beds cheaper, check them out see if it is the same bed.

Always ask for a discount, Always!

Always ask for a discount, Always! (you know within reason)

Banned

The Fox;7958948

Always ask for a discount, Always!

even in grocery supermarkets?

greyparrot;7958153

i find it embarissing tbh.i am finding this thread interesting on just … i find it embarissing tbh.i am finding this thread interesting on just how many of you do it.

I'm aware a lot of people do it,but like you i'd rather not.:thumbsup:

greyparrot;7958153

Would you pay full price for a car?

sassie;7957890

greyparrot;7957907

seriously.

I also haggle, and have also left a shop who wouldn't discount, and bought the item in another shop.

BlondeBella;7959100

Would you pay full price for a car?

depends from a showroom(yes) from the autotrader or else where maybe not.

greyparrot;7959210

depends from a showroom(yes) from the autotrader or else where maybe not.

Whats the difference between a show room and auto trader both try and rip you off. :thumbsup:

Im just trying to see why you find it hard to haggle.

BlondeBella;7959249

Whats the difference between a show room and auto trader both try and rip … Whats the difference between a show room and auto trader both try and rip you off. :thumbsup:Im just trying to see why you find it hard to haggle.

because i would never haggle in a proper shop. ebay/and where else yeah but in a shop no way but thats just me for ya.:thumbsup:

Good to see a lot of hagglers about most of my friends think I'm bonkers asking for money off.

I got the admin fees for private renting from £140 down to £70
    British Gas forgot to bill me for nearly 2 years. When they finally caught up with me I owed them over £700 and got it down to £140
    I went to local shed manufactorers and got £200 off (and a tour of factory to perve over the male employees LOL).
    Basic home removals for local firm is £250 got that knocked down to £180 for some packing materials, big ole van and 3 guys for the day :-D
    I'd bought daughter a 12ft trampoline package from ebay and when we moved it was too big for new garden. Sold that half a year after buying it for £20 less than I bought it for. Rang up the company that I'd bought it from and with a little smoozing I bought 8ft version for £50 less than it should have been and free delivery (which would have been £30).
    Bought a new oven from currys few years ago. Got free extractor hood
    Got 35% off new tempur mattress. 25% was my Dad's staff discount but managed to get extra 10% on top.
    Got 25% (Dad's discount) off daughter's high rise bed but negotiated free slide and free tent
    Bought a second hand laptop just over a year ago. He wanted £200. I got him down to £120 and hama bead plaque of his name :-D haha

Hell I even get occasional free takeaway haha. I stick to same one and he knows my order by heart I will occasionally say "isn't it about time I got a freebie Seti ?"
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism33
      2. What do these 2 men have in common1624
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764310
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63219

See more discussions