Groups

Sperm Donation

You may have heard there is a shortage of sperm donors at the moment.
    I had considered doing this, but was put off when I read (I can't remember where) that the law does not protect donors fully from being tracked down as a parent and potentially having to support any offspring.
    Is this true?
    Anyone have any experience of donating sperm?

18 Comments

Banned

I'm thinking of donating some eggs :thumbsup:

Banned

i don't have any specific quotes but you are right, you can't be an annonymous donor anymore

Banned

i have done my best to donate whenever posible sometimes i have regreted it in the morning but overall i'm happy with my performance over the years

I had considered doing this, but was put off when I read (I can't … I had considered doing this, but was put off when I read (I can't remember where) that the law does not protect donors fully from being tracked down as a parent and potentially having to support any offspring.Is this true?

It appears like the "Child" could track you down only when he/she reaches 18 years of age, so you wouldn't have to support them.

Google revealed this:

dh.gov.uk/en/…524

DLM;3439457

I'm thinking of donating some eggs :thumbsup:

serious?? - repped for being a potential donor - so badly needed - after reading bitsys post - you would do that:-D

its easier(ahem) for males to donate -

Would consider it if it was anonymous, dont want some randomer contacting me in 18 years.

Banned

holly100;3439528

serious?? - repped for being a potential donor - so badly needed - after … serious?? - repped for being a potential donor - so badly needed - after reading bitsys post - you would do that:-Dits easier(ahem) for males to donate -

I think that it is sad when people really want children and can't have them.

I chuck an egg away every month, somebody might as well make use of it :-D

i would be happy to donate if the recepient were there to TAKE IT!

Jackie Chan;3439627

i would be happy to donate if the recepient were there to TAKE IT!

Wouldn't we all? Well might be a problem if the female has fertility problems and you'd be responsible for any offspring.

Banned

Banned

There are 3 or 4 people on this forum that could make a fortune out of this "deal"!!!!!

Banned

guv;3441641

There are 3 or 4 people on this forum that could make a fortune out of … There are 3 or 4 people on this forum that could make a fortune out of this "deal"!!!!!

I thought that too :thumbsup:

I would do it for free and I'm seriously considering it.

Banned

guv;3441641

There are 3 or 4 people on this forum that could make a fortune out of … There are 3 or 4 people on this forum that could make a fortune out of this "deal"!!!!!

pmsl, and i best just say nothing more ;-)

Banned

sassie;3441663

pmsl, and i best just say nothing more ;-)

Hmmm on second thoughts - maybe they couldn't!

guv;3441641

guv;3443318

Hmmm on second thoughts - maybe they couldn't!

Cracker guv :-D

guv;3441641

:giggle: Couldn't agree with you more :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1129
      2. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1881351
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382

See more discussions