Spiced rum

Found 28th Nov 2017
This is a forum to promote the best spiced rums we have found and to recommend based on likes/dislikes.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
29 Comments

Original Poster

I like a nice sweet rum so the rums I usually go for are:
• rebellion
•Old J
• Dead mans finger
• Pink pigeon

I haven't drunk rum for a while, but I used to like...

(The) Kraken, obviously
Pusser's Spiced

I did spot this the other day, & wondered if it may be worth returning to the dark stuff...

Pirate's Grog Black Ei8ht Coffee Rum

Spiced rum? Bet you drink that with coke

Segata-Sanshiro1 h, 14 m ago

Spiced rum? Bet you drink that with coke

The only thing to put with a glass of rum is another one.

fanpages9 m ago

The only thing to put with a glass of rum is another one.

I agree with that but spiced rum is never the answer only a slippery slope towards alchopops
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 28th Nov 2017

Old J all the way at the moment although not the Tiki Fire Stuff!

Sailor Jerry for me. The Kraken was a big disappointment.

I like the Aldi one. As with most of their spirits, it's slightly less alcohol, which suits me.

Dilithium35 m ago

...The Kraken was a big disappointment.

Did you mix it, or drink it neat?

I used to drink Myer's rum and buy it now and again when I see it when abroad,nice, not too smooth for on the rocks
Edited by: "Uilleam17" 28th Nov 2017

The Costco 1,75 litre Kirkland rum is very nice costco.co.uk/vie…195 and Mount gay rum another good un especially the dearer one black barrel,if you like rum for me you will love Canadian club it’s gorgoeus
Edited by: "the.porter" 28th Nov 2017

Will keep you toasty

32593194-1pTzd.jpg

Goslings Bermuda Rum is delicious if you can get it, they do a gold and a black and a version at 150% proof

Post please any hot deals.

Kraken black spiced rum is my favourite, but I also have captain morgans spicey, Sailor Jerrys and Bacardi oakheart

not that I have a problem or owt... (only when my bottle is empty)

Sailor jerry changed recipes a few years back and became much much worse for it .
Sure I saw pink pigeon in aldi for £20 could be wrong though.
Used to get a cocktail on hols.. Cpt Morgan spiced , baileys , Tia Maria whizzed up with ice to make slush then a Meyers float .. Lush.

Always have mine with (Old Jamaica) ginger beer. Add lime if you want - 'Dark n Stormy' .

we have a bottle of Coronation Nepal rum if anyone fancies a tot?

en.wikipedia.org/wik…Rum

Highly recommend Bombo rums.
This ones caramel and coconut flavours and is incredible on its own or with coke.

They also do a slightly lower alcohol version if you prefer

Check link here: bombo

tescos own spiced rum is quite nice, then again I do drink it with Dr Pepper or Irn Bru, so a more expensive one would go to waste

Out of the ones Ive tried. I like Rumbullion, then mount gay XO, then I appear to have drank a bottle of pink pigeon pretty quickly. Ive also got havana special, kraken, cockspur old gold and some captain morgans at the moment but there not my favourites at the moment.

I haven't tried many spiced rums, but love top shelf aged ones (Zacapa, El Dorado, Diplomatico RE) which are sweetened and spiced to some degree anyway.

The stand out of today's rum offerings is the Appleton estate!! Lowest price ever and one of the highest rated rums in the world.

+1 for Zacapa - excellent rum.

Oh god. No. No rum.

#cubalibrebrokeme

benjammin3164 h, 12 m ago

tescos own spiced rum is quite nice, then again I do drink it with Dr …tescos own spiced rum is quite nice, then again I do drink it with Dr Pepper or Irn Bru, so a more expensive one would go to waste

Glad I'm not the only person who drinks rum and Dr pepper...will have to try it with irn bru

pcygan3rd Dec

Always have mine with (Old Jamaica) ginger beer. Add lime if you want - …Always have mine with (Old Jamaica) ginger beer. Add lime if you want - 'Dark n Stormy' .

I've only just discovered this mix, i cant believe what i've been missing
Post a comment
@
    Text