Spiders and how to not get them in your house

34 replies
Found 26th Sep 2009
Just got back from my mum's house and she told me about something she read today, apparently Spiders HATE the scent of conkers, so if you put one in every room you should have no problems with these big creepy crawlies, worth a try, but now to find some conkers

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
34 Comments

Interesting

Banned

a bowl of conkers

get an old woman to eat them

spiders are cool

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu285/gaz2002/spider.jpg

i would miss them as i was never any good at conkers !

How true is this? There is a massive spider currently roaming the house recently but I was with my daughter conker collecting today so I have some on standby......

If it work's i'll eat my conker's :w00t:

Even though I don't like spiders I'd rather have them than the bugs they eat.

So conker trees don't have any spiders in them then?:whistling:

Yeah I heard that too - gonna leave the conkers outside as my little one loves spiders and collects them, they are all over the place

So if you ever find yourself in a Jungle and don't like spiders, sleep under a conker tree........ two problems with this 1. You proberly won't find a horse chestnut in a jungle and 2. You'll proberly get eaten by a tiger

More fun trying to get the spiders by throwing conkers at them !

Matrixblade;6407384

So if you ever find yourself in a Jungle and don't like spiders, sleep … So if you ever find yourself in a Jungle and don't like spiders, sleep under a conker tree........ two problems with this 1. You proberly won't find a horse chestnut in a jungle and 2. You'll proberly get eaten by a tiger

Cheers :thumbsup: I will remember this next time im lost in the jungle :whistling:

i thought I heard is was putting them in the corners of the room, so 4 per room mostly?

God I hate spiders, I might try this out, but I don't see many spiders in my house anyways.

jon1000jon;6407398

Cheers :thumbsup: I will remember this next time im lost in the jungle … Cheers :thumbsup: I will remember this next time im lost in the jungle :whistling:

Make sure you do, my words of wisdom don't come cheap.......

Chuckles1001;6407409

i thought I heard is was putting them in the corners of the room, so 4 … i thought I heard is was putting them in the corners of the room, so 4 per room mostly?

Nah you are supposed to put them wherever you think the spiders get in

Matrixblade;6407384

So if you ever find yourself in a Jungle and don't like spiders, sleep … So if you ever find yourself in a Jungle and don't like spiders, sleep under a conker tree........ two problems with this 1. You proberly won't find a horse chestnut in a jungle and 2. You'll proberly get eaten by a tiger

3. you shouldn't really sleep under trees at night since they release CO2 at this time :thumbsup:

Chuckles1001;6407409

i thought I heard is was putting them in the corners of the room, so 4 … i thought I heard is was putting them in the corners of the room, so 4 per room mostly?

****** ive got a round room !

richp;6407440

****** ive got a round room !

bonkers :oops:

Alfonse;6407435

3. you shouldn't really sleep under trees at night since they release CO2 … 3. you shouldn't really sleep under trees at night since they release CO2 at this time :thumbsup:

Never mind CO2, what might drop on you :?

Btw how do birds sleep, is it in trees? How do they not fall off? Do they **** in their sleep?

Original Poster

Matrixblade;6407260

How true is this? There is a massive spider currently roaming the house … How true is this? There is a massive spider currently roaming the house recently but I was with my daughter conker collecting today so I have some on standby......

let us know if it works:thumbsup:

fireheaven;6407481

Never mind CO2, what might drop on you :?Btw how do birds sleep, is it in … Never mind CO2, what might drop on you :?Btw how do birds sleep, is it in trees? How do they not fall off? Do they **** in their sleep?

damn this thread is taking a serious turn

Alfonse;6407587

damn this thread is taking a serious turn

:lol:

sorry it was just random questions that popped into my head :oops:

fireheaven;6407601

:lol: sorry it was just random questions that popped into my head :oops:

but they need answers.

answers i tell you

Alfonse;6407610

but they need answers.answers i tell you

Go on then, answer them

Banned

fireheaven;6407426

Nah you are supposed to put them wherever you think the spiders get in

and how the chuff are you supposed to know that :?

sassie;6407763

and how the chuff are you supposed to know that :?

I dunno, they come in windows I think. mine comes from under the TV but I just lift my feet up when he runs across the room

Banned

fireheaven;6407775

I dunno, they come in windows I think. mine comes from under the TV but I … I dunno, they come in windows I think. mine comes from under the TV but I just lift my feet up when he runs across the room

well i think they may prefer to come to yours then, as i just killed one :w00t::w00t:

I got a spray from Betterware, its called Spider Stop and its made from conker essence. You spray it round your doors and windows and any gaps and 'no more spiders'.

I have to admit I have not seen any this week since spraying it, so hopefully it works :thumbsup:

Spiders are lovely.

True, you swallow about 10 a year in your sleep, so next time you wake up with a rough taste in your mouth you will know why.

sassie;6407783

well i think they may prefer to come to yours then, as i just killed one … well i think they may prefer to come to yours then, as i just killed one :w00t::w00t:

Aww that is just mean, I am sure your little lad would get hours of entertainment from it in the morning, mine does :thumbsup:

kjbenja;6407825

Spiders are lovely.True, you swallow about 10 a year in your sleep, so … Spiders are lovely.True, you swallow about 10 a year in your sleep, so next time you wake up with a rough taste in your mouth you will know why.

I don't mind them at all, just can't stand things with wings :x

If you put conkers in the corners of the room and the spiders don't like them, will the spiders not come into the middle of the room where you are sitting/sleeping?????

Banned

Never heard of that, this time of the year its best to keep all your windows close, they like to come in now.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mobile phone advice34
    2. What is gearbest like on warranty?810
    3. Android pay set up610
    4. Best 4k tv's for gaming11

See more discussions