Found 11th Sep 2009
trapped a beast under a glass yesterday and only just managed to brave up and take the glass down to the end of the garden and pray he doesnt come back LOL. oh well. anyone do anything to try to avoid spiders getting in or ultimately is it just part of the hot weather and being out in the countryside?? not so fussed on the usual ones, but its the biggies that im not friends with.

have a good weekend all, enjoy the weather!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
35 Comments

You will always have one spider,Spiders are cannibals and the big ones eat all the small ones so when you get rid of it ,more move in,

My 3 yr old likes to walk round the house and every spider he sees on the ceiling I have to tempt it down and put it outside for him.

you can get spays to spray around dorrs, windows etc.......they hate the smell aparently

Good for you. Shame it took you so long to free it but at least you didnt kill it! Conkers are supposed to deter them but not sure that works or not x

Sloth/Mod

Found one yesterday climbing up the wall.................it was the biggest spider i've ever seen bar in a zoo.

After 5 mins of torturing the wife and kids with it i chucked it outside. :-D

Original Poster

to be fair most of the so called summer has been fine. just the past 2 weeks we've had two monsters haha. always gonna have a couple i guess, just gotta make sure i hoover everywhere to avoid them getting too cosy! i'll have a look for spray but you never know where thay secret hole is where they sneak in i guess. i read about some electronic device before but from what i read it was a load of rubbish!

Original Poster

Syzable;6269027

Found one yesterday climbing up the wall.................it was the … Found one yesterday climbing up the wall.................it was the biggest spider i've ever seen bar in a zoo.After 5 mins of torturing the wife and kids with it i chucked it outside. :-D

they climb interior walls!! :? haha, il have to get that anti burglar paint i saw in b&q, make it super slippy...always wanted a black house on that inside :oops:

Sloth/Mod

agentjont;6269051

they climb interior walls!! :? haha, il have to get that anti burglar … they climb interior walls!! :? haha, il have to get that anti burglar paint i saw in b&q, make it super slippy...always wanted a black house on that inside :oops:

Yep...........he was making a break for the ceiling. :w00t: I felt bad though because when i picked him off i accidently amputated one of his legs and now his non-pc mates will make his life hell. :-( :lol:

Sloth/Mod

starsparkle2311;6269066

I really don't get this spider thing. My daughter is terrified of them, … I really don't get this spider thing. My daughter is terrified of them, it drives me crazy, what the heck do you think they''re gonna do to you?If I see them in my house I think nothing of them, if my daughter spots them I cup them and throw them outside.I lived in Oz for a while, now there was a reason to be scared, see one with a red spot on it's back, instant stamp of foot on it, I was told whilst living there to let the webs grow, cos they killed the flies, if you've ever been to Oz you would know why!!! Certain times of the year flies cling to you, spiders are needed to trap them!!!

I agree...........nothing to be scared of here. Not going to kill you and think how the poor spider feels looking up at something 1000x bigger than it. lol

Original Poster

it does annoy me that im scared of them. i think i saw aracnaphobia too early in my life, i should have watched charlottes web!! most of the time i do just leave them but if theyre the biggies i want them out. how i survived in kenya for 2 months i dont know. witnessed spiders there that i hope i never see again!

Argh spiders :w00t:
arachnophobia springs to mind

Sloth/Mod

starsparkle2311;6269117

Exactly, my daughter really tests me when she cries about Daddy Long … Exactly, my daughter really tests me when she cries about Daddy Long Legs, I mean, c'mon, what a wimp!!!

lol.........my wife freaks out at moths as well :?

Syzable;6269146

lol.........my wife freaks out at moths as well :?

me too :oops:, a scary experience a a child locked in a butterfly house

but I can deal with rats, snakes etc :w00t:

Original Poster

lol fortunately i think im just spiders! although i had a bird like moth land on my face while in kenya...silly me for putting the torch in my mouth while changing my camera batteries to take a photo of it!!!:w00t:

I was getting busy last weekend, and I thought she was reaching her peak. Apparently there was a spider behind the couch.

Oh well. :-(

thesaint;6269244

I was getting busy last weekend, and I thought she was reaching her peak. … I was getting busy last weekend, and I thought she was reaching her peak. Apparently there was a spider behind the couch. Oh well. :-(

well there goes my evening meal :x

Sloth/Mod

starsparkle2311;6269252

I rescued it and tipped it out the window

The spider or daughter? :shock: :lol:

starsparkle2311;6269265

Lucky for her there was a spider, pretty disappointing night … Lucky for her there was a spider, pretty disappointing night otherwise:whistling:

I'm :w00t:

I feel your daughters pain SS lol

I hate spiders but i will catch them in the bug catcher at least.

When my sis and i were little my Dad had to check our bedroom EVERY night for moths and kill any,we wouldn't go to bed otherwise.

Sloth/Mod

deb8z;6269397

I feel your daughters pain SS lolI hate spiders but i will catch them in … I feel your daughters pain SS lolI hate spiders but i will catch them in the bug catcher at least.When my sis and i were little my Dad had to check our bedroom EVERY night for moths and kill any,we wouldn't go to bed otherwise.

I is outside........crapping in your garden. :-D

deb8z;6269397

I feel your daughters pain SS lolI hate spiders but i will catch them in … I feel your daughters pain SS lolI hate spiders but i will catch them in the bug catcher at least.When my sis and i were little my Dad had to check our bedroom EVERY night for moths and kill any,we wouldn't go to bed otherwise.

You little liar. You can clearly see in your photo your squashing one.

Syzable;6269405

I is outside........crapping in your garden. :-D

Stop scaring me:w00t:

dontasciime;6269480

LOL !!!!!

dontasciime;6269480

lol!

i hate spiders i know its totally irrational, but i seriously have a problem i get panick attacks, nealy crashed a couple of times due to a spider in the car

i try to be brave but it doesnt work

ilovepink;6269587

i hate spiders i know its totally irrational, but i seriously have a … i hate spiders i know its totally irrational, but i seriously have a problem i get panick attacks, nealy crashed a couple of times due to a spider in the cari try to be brave but it doesnt work

I have awful panic attacks too hun... horrible arent they xx

starsparkle2311;6269664

WHY?I don't understand this, what makes you scared?

I dont have mine because of spiders hun xx

I am petrified of spiders, totally irrational I know. Cant explain it, I am happy with bugs, wasps, snakes, rats etc. But spiders make me feel physically sick and I often start to cry. Absolutely ridiculous, but I cant control it!

starsparkle2311;6269696

WUT? I mean, why are you scared of spiders, an adults perspective, cos I … WUT? I mean, why are you scared of spiders, an adults perspective, cos I can't fathom my daughters phobia, I have no problem with them, I don't understand it at all, would just be interesting to hear what the problem is:)

I'm not scared of spiders... I was just saying to pink, panic attacks are awful x x

I lived in Florida? We had snakes sleepin on the porch and one day even a gator in the pool?

Spiders dont worry me. Used to pick the eggs out the corners of the windows to throw em away before the black widows grew lol x x

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, there's a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE spider on my ceiling. Someone move it for me quick. I won't be able to settle unless I know its gone. Guess I'll have to get it with the hoover!!!!

Original Poster

dont they still live inside a hoover? i prefer to get them out of the house! ont sure what my fear is, i dont cry or anything but i do get unncomfortable. i think the 8 legs just makes me very uncomfortable rather than i think its going to attack me. i just dont want to feel eight legs running up my arm haha. i really think that aracnophobia film ruined me though!

starsparkle2311;6269664

WHY?I don't understand this, what makes you scared?

dont honestly know, maybe if i knew why i could cure it.

Banned

I like spiders they kill flies :thumbsup:

DLM;6270070

I like spiders they kill flies :thumbsup:

Now if we could just target spiders to kill men we'd have it sorted :-D;-)

Banned

ClarityofMind;6270089

Now if we could just target spiders to kill men we'd have it sorted :-D;-)

They are not all bad, hope you are ok x x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51460
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11

See more discussions