Groups

Spirit Untethered Jailbreak for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch 3.1.2 + 3.1.3

iclarified.com/ent…200

I know this has already been posted but making a slightly clearer thread with all links to tutorials

63 Comments

Can you still update from 2 to 3 firmware at no cost on itouch ?

As verification @ Apple server failed last time

Original Poster

dontasciime;8515419

Can you still update from 2 to 3 firmware at no cost on itouch ?As … Can you still update from 2 to 3 firmware at no cost on itouch ?As verification @ Apple server failed last time

Yeah google ipod touch firmware and click on the first one. Then shift + click on restore and select the firmware you downloaded. Worked for me recently :thumbsup:

Met-Cast;8515600

Yeah google ipod touch firmware and click on the first one. Then shift + … Yeah google ipod touch firmware and click on the first one. Then shift + click on restore and select the firmware you downloaded. Worked for me recently :thumbsup:

It failed for me a while ago when 3.11 /2 came out which is why I asked as apple apparently no longer allow this method eg the VERIFY bit. (well for free)

Error was The iPod could not be updated. This device isn’t eligible for the requested build

Original Poster

dontasciime;8515728

It failed for me a while ago when 3.11 /2 came out which is why I asked … It failed for me a while ago when 3.11 /2 came out which is why I asked as apple apparently no longer allow this method eg the VERIFY bit. (well for free)Error was The iPod could not be updated. This device isn’t eligible for the requested build

Did you download the correct firmware? Which iPod do you have?

yeah It was correct firmware :lol

I touch running 2.21 at minute 2 of them

Model MB528BT

Original Poster

dontasciime;8515820

I touch running 2.21 at minute 2 of them

Which gen?

Whats the file name of the firmware you downloaded?

Apple stopped signing the restore thats why it don't work

MB528BT is GEN2

Original Poster

dontasciime;8515879

Apple stopped signing the restore thats why it don't work MB528BT is GEN2

I recently upgraded 2.0.2 to 3.1.2 on an iPhone 3G. I'm pretty sure that's only for downgrading.
    Either just update to 3.1.3 (its free) and then jailbreak it.

Happens for lots doing a restore even though half the INTERNET claims only for downgrade but they are not grasping the error.

3.13 is free ? (thought apple charged for it still ?) baseband not get updated via the update method though ?

Banned

quick question.. jailbroke mine earlier but lost all photos and vids.. anyway to get them back!?

Wait. I'm still confused.
    I don't know which one is which:
    Tethered and untethered (keep forgetting which one is which)
    And if I'm understanding this correctly, does this program jailbreak my iPod on the 3.1.3 firmware (MC Model) and does it let me switch it on and off without it going into recovery mode?? HELP!

:oops: :thinking: :cry:

they not on ya pc that you sync with

clubba 786;8515968

Wait. I'm still confused.I don't know which one is which:Tethered and … Wait. I'm still confused.I don't know which one is which:Tethered and untethered (keep forgetting which one is which)And if I'm understanding this correctly, does this program jailbreak my iPod on the 3.1.3 firmware (MC Model) and does it let me switch it on and off without it going into recovery mode?? HELP!:oops: :thinking: :cry:

Tethered is TIED to

Original Poster

dontasciime;8515936

Happens for lots doing a restore even though half the INTERNET claims … Happens for lots doing a restore even though half the INTERNET claims only for downgrade but they are not grasping the error.3.13 is free ? (thought apple charged for it still ?) baseband not get updated via the update method though ?

Well it worked fine for me mate. 3.1.3 is free. You don't need to worry about the baseband that's only a worry for unlocking (iPhones) as far as I am aware.

DangerGod;8515950

quick question.. jailbroke mine earlier but lost all photos and vids.. … quick question.. jailbroke mine earlier but lost all photos and vids.. anyway to get them back!?

Could you not sync it? Or restore from backup?

clubba 786;8515968

Wait. I'm still confused.I don't know which one is which:Tethered and … Wait. I'm still confused.I don't know which one is which:Tethered and untethered (keep forgetting which one is which)And if I'm understanding this correctly, does this program jailbreak my iPod on the 3.1.3 firmware (MC Model) and does it let me switch it on and off without it going into recovery mode?? HELP!:oops: :thinking: :cry:

Lool if you use this jailbreak you will be able to switch it on and off without going to recovery mode. (This is called UNTETHERED)

I know Wifi comes under baseband It's just remember seeing a lot of guides telling you not to Update via Itunes otherwise baseband gets updated they made no distinction between iphone and itouch. ( I assumed baseband was Iphone related only (eg guessing)as in not to update but wise move to keep saying for both until you know for sure)

When you say Free do you mean via Itunes or via internet download ?

Original Poster

dontasciime;8516068

I know Wifi comes under baseband It's just remember seeing a lot of … I know Wifi comes under baseband It's just remember seeing a lot of guides telling you not to Update via Itunes otherwise baseband gets updated they made no distinction between iphone and itouch. ( I assumed baseband was Iphone related only (eg guessing)as in not to update but wise move to keep saying for both until you know for sure)When you say Free do you mean via Itunes or via internet download ?

What would the baseband do to wifi?
    My brother had 3.1.3 and had no problem.
    Free via iTunes. Just try it mate I doubt it has any effect on the iPod Touch.

Wonder why apple give it for free now ...used to be version 2 to next update cost £10 or was it a £5

Original Poster

dontasciime;8516162

Wonder why apple give it for free now ...used to be version 2 to next … Wonder why apple give it for free now ...used to be version 2 to next update cost £10 or was it a £5

Yeah think they still do that but they made this one mandatory and free so it would stop the jailbreaking i'd suspect.

Did my iPad and iPhone earlier, works perfectly.

Met-Cast;8516253

Yeah think they still do that but they made this one mandatory and free … Yeah think they still do that but they made this one mandatory and free so it would stop the jailbreaking i'd suspect.

Would be my guess.

updating Itunes @ minute. Hate Itunes. would rather have a drop n drag facility. Stupid Sync even when unticked set to manual. Having 2 itouchs on 1 pc is a mess as well.

Might update mine now, I'm still on 3.0.1.

3.1.3 in the title might help the googlers:thumbsup:

Original Poster

davelfc;8516286

Did my iPad and iPhone earlier, works perfectly.

Good to know

dontasciime;8516326

Would be my guess.updating Itunes @ minute. Hate Itunes. would rather … Would be my guess.updating Itunes @ minute. Hate Itunes. would rather have a drop n drag facility. Stupid Sync even when unticked set to manual. Having 2 itouchs on 1 pc is a mess as well.

I prefer iTunes if i'm honest. It makes things simpler and easier for me instead of all the folders searching etc. Same problem with me. This should fix it though...
    Go to you desktop click on the itunes icon.
    Hold shift and press enter (think you have to carry on holding shift)
    You get a box which allows you to create multiple libraries. Very useful and makes things much easier

jtx;8516353

Might update mine now, I'm still on 3.0.1.3.1.3 in the title might help … Might update mine now, I'm still on 3.0.1.3.1.3 in the title might help the googlers:thumbsup:

You should
    And thanks edited.

I should just use a couple of computers but infecting 1 PC with Itunes n quicktime is bad enough :lol

Shift and launch on pc running windows

Original Poster

dontasciime;8516563

I should just use a couple of computers but infecting 1 PC with Itunes n … I should just use a couple of computers but infecting 1 PC with Itunes n quicktime is bad enough :lolShift and launch on pc running windows

What? Lol.

so what is actually new in the 3.1.3 update, im on 3.1.2, is it worth doing?

MANJ_007;8516609

so what is actually new in the 3.1.3 update, im on 3.1.2, is it worth … so what is actually new in the 3.1.3 update, im on 3.1.2, is it worth doing?

Nothing, relased to unjailbreak...

Apple made features up

strike;8516629

Nothing, relased to unjailbreak...Apple made features up

Cheers, might aswell leave mine on 3.1.2, cant be bothered updating itunes and faffing around, might aswell wait for a proper update

Original Poster

MANJ_007;8516609

so what is actually new in the 3.1.3 update, im on 3.1.2, is it worth … so what is actually new in the 3.1.3 update, im on 3.1.2, is it worth doing?

This jailbreak is really for the people who updated without knowing/accidentally.
    Do not update if you want an unlocked phone because this does NOT have an unlock at the moment. *Not sure if you downgrade the baseband using fuzzyband if that would work?)

strike;8516629

Nothing, relased to unjailbreak...Apple made features up

+1

dontasciime;8516563

I should just use a couple of computers but infecting 1 PC with Itunes n … I should just use a couple of computers but infecting 1 PC with Itunes n quicktime is bad enough :lol

You could just create a new user account from windows control panel for the other ipod :thumbsup:

Lol don't like multi user accounts in XP/Vista/W7

Only me /admin

Original Poster

jtx;8516676

You could just create a new user account from windows control panel for … You could just create a new user account from windows control panel for the other ipod :thumbsup:

You don't need to. Just create another library that's what i'm doing

dontasciime;8516716

Lol don't like multi user accounts in XP/Vista/W7Only me /admin

+1

i'm on 3.0 at the moment but i've tried blackrain and redsnow but both have failed to do it, is it worth me upgrading to jailbreak?

Banned

How can i get a tethered jaibreak for this, Need to use my iphone as a modem after the 20th may

on 3.1.3

spirit works fine, need a tethered jailbreak

Original Poster

souljacker;8516755

i'm on 3.0 at the moment but i've tried blackrain and redsnow but both … i'm on 3.0 at the moment but i've tried blackrain and redsnow but both have failed to do it, is it worth me upgrading to jailbreak?

Definitely, but first try 3.1.2 then blackra1n :thumbsup:

dj_urban;8516765

How can i get a tethered jaibreak for this, Need to use my iphone as a … How can i get a tethered jaibreak for this, Need to use my iphone as a modem after the 20th may

Why would you want a tethered jailbreak? You have a 3G right? Has far as i'm aware there is no (and shouldn't be) a tethered jailbreak.

Tethered: You have to rejailbreak everytime the battery dies, phone is turned off.

dj_urban;8516765

How can i get a tethered jaibreak for this, Need to use my iphone as a … How can i get a tethered jaibreak for this, Need to use my iphone as a modem after the 20th mayon 3.1.3 spirit works fine, need a tethered jailbreak

Using your phone as a modem is nothing to do with a jailbreak.

A tethered jailbreak will not work once the phone is switched off.

They are 2 completely different things:thumbsup:

I think:oops:

jtx;8516803

Using your phone as a modem is nothing to do with a jailbreak.A tethered … Using your phone as a modem is nothing to do with a jailbreak.A tethered jailbreak will not work once the phone is switched off. They are 2 completely different things:thumbsup:I think:oops:

Yes,

:thumbsup:

Is your cydia working at minute ?

dontasciime;8516716

Lol don't like multi user accounts in XP/Vista/W7Only me /admin

Met-Cast;8516732

+1

Why not?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714463
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767185
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553762
      4. word association Game73844456

See more discussions