Sports Direct: Click & Collect returns question.

Posted 6th Oct
I just want to ask if anyone has experience of ordering multiple sizes of a garment that is not stocked in a local Sports Direct and immediately returning (in store preferably) the incorrect size.

Thing is that with sports wear sizing can be so different between brands.

Thanks for any experiences.

Kind regards,
greelyi
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Last time I bought online and returned I got two shirts but one was a bit too big. Went into the store said can I return this and they said they would only offer me a credit note refund. I’m not so sure if this is policy/allowed but luckily I just wanted to change for a different item. I know that sounds unhelpful but just gives you an idea of how rubbish they can be. This was last year so something might have changed or we just dealt with a miserable manager.
I think SD is credit note "refunds" only.
If you order online even if you pick it up in-store. You can return it for a full refund (minus any delivery costs) you may however have to pay to return the item.
That's pretty much what I have been fearing. It will get worse at the end of the month when EU distance regulations will no longer be in effect.
when you order online, they give you a credit note for the delivery cost when you collect. refunds are not cash refund, only credit note. the credit note has an expiry date of two years i think from memory.
This really does sound like a scam rather than a normal shop.

Does anyone know of a way to find out if there is stock of a garment on the website in specific stores?
Last time I bought something from Sports Direct online I returned half the order due to getting the wrong sizes. They sent me an email saying they received the products back but never refunded me the money. I contacted PayPal and they sided with me because PayPal couldn’t get in contact with them over my claim. I ended up getting all my money back from that order even though I was only was asking for £30. I got a free pair of £80 trainers due to the refund and Sports Direct’s crappy customer service
SerpentSuicide06/10/2019 23:35

Last time I bought something from Sports Direct online I returned half the …Last time I bought something from Sports Direct online I returned half the order due to getting the wrong sizes. They sent me an email saying they received the products back but never refunded me the money. I contacted PayPal and they sided with me because PayPal couldn’t get in contact with them over my claim. I ended up getting all my money back from that order even though I was only was asking for £30. I got a free pair of £80 trainers due to the refund and Sports Direct’s crappy customer service

That is what I was thinking about.

Though perhaps it might save a *lot* of hassle to just go into a real outdoors shop. Spec up what I want and order from Amazon.

Even trying to figure out which products on the SD site would remain waterproof though the recent deluges we have been experiencing seems an impossible task.
SerpentSuicide06/10/2019 23:35

Last time I bought something from Sports Direct online I returned half the …Last time I bought something from Sports Direct online I returned half the order due to getting the wrong sizes. They sent me an email saying they received the products back but never refunded me the money. I contacted PayPal and they sided with me because PayPal couldn’t get in contact with them over my claim. I ended up getting all my money back from that order even though I was only was asking for £30. I got a free pair of £80 trainers due to the refund and Sports Direct’s crappy customer service

Had a similar experience with them, they completely ignored my emails etc had to go through the resolution centre and won and thankfully PayPal refunded me, sports direct eventually refunded me as well(y) took a month to sort out though
2 year ogo theybtold me post it and cover the full cost of p+p out of my own pocket to manufactur abroad! I bought shoe insoles
Distance selling regulations mean they have to refund you if you cancel within 14 days and then post it back (but post can be at your cost). In-store there is no law governing refunds (unless faulty or not as described) so offering a credit note is more than they need to.

Yes they are a company with poor customer service by only offering what they legally need to and not offering free return postage, but they also offer cheaper prices compared to some stores that have much better return policies.
Edited by: "jon81uk" 7th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants