Sports Direct Fitness

Found 7th Jun 2016
Good evening everybody. Just a quick question. I signed up to Sports Direct Gym 11 months ago. My contract will end next month. I phoned up to say I won't continue after next month. They're telling me I have to give them 6 months notice. Has anyone ever heard anything like this?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
12 Comments
My local gym are like that too. Advertise that you are free to quit anytime but when you do they say a months notice is needed and its in the small print. 6 months seems way too much of an unreasonable term though.

Edited by: "Albus4321" 7th Jun 2016
You'll have to refer to the Ts and Cs
Looking at their terms and conditions is a bit ridiculous. Need a law degree to understand it. Luckily I have one lol
I think whoever you spoke to has misunderstood the terms. Dont think you have to pay 6 months now that you have paid 11 month into contract.
They have two types of contract; fixed (paid upfront or monthly) and rolling. Looks like yours is fixed and either you are done at the end of the 12 months or you need to give 3 months notice if paying monthly. The worst is 3 months notice which if you tell them now will see your 12th month included so at worst you will have two extra months to pay.

Edited by: "Albus4321" 7th Jun 2016
Thanks everyone. I have never heard anything like this before. I stopped going to the gym 5 months ago. They took out the Steam Room, and Sauna without telling anyone. Ridiculous.
What do you expect from Sports Direct, and its owner Mike Ashley?????
gudyute

Thanks everyone. I have never heard anything like this before. I stopped … Thanks everyone. I have never heard anything like this before. I stopped going to the gym 5 months ago. They took out the Steam Room, and Sauna without telling anyone. Ridiculous.

Mike Ashley probably stuck the, in his house.
call your bank or check online to make sure you don't have a direct debit set up. if they try taking money from u it should be refused
I would have thought that if you regularly used the sauna and steam room and they were removed, that could have given you reason to cancel the contract anyway. I remember contracts like this being discussed on watchdog years ago, maybe there's still information on it if you look for it.
Thank you.
My local gym had a one month's notice, six months is bonkers though. oO
gudyute

Thanks everyone. I have never heard anything like this before. I stopped … Thanks everyone. I have never heard anything like this before. I stopped going to the gym 5 months ago. They took out the Steam Room, and Sauna without telling anyone. Ridiculous.

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants