Sports Direct Help

Found a pair of trainers i like on their site, anybody any previous dealings with them in regards to if they dont fit and returning them?

On their t&cs i can only see that if returned i pay the return postage but they refund delivery costs. So if anyone has done this before be great to know what you done.

Cheers

15 Comments

Awful company ! Steer clear dude !

They will NOT refund your cash, even instore.

Joke of a company !

Banned

You can return into one of their stores free of charge. They have a good return policy though :thumbsup:

Banned

Darryl2312;6186928

Awful company ! Steer clear dude !They will NOT refund your cash, even … Awful company ! Steer clear dude !They will NOT refund your cash, even instore.Joke of a company !

sculpturatus;6186929

You can return into one of their stores free of charge. They have a good … You can return into one of their stores free of charge. They have a good return policy though :thumbsup:

lol, hows that for instant both sides of the coin :roll:

I doubt they will refund delivery costs especially if they are as bad as their shops. Their shops do not give refunds and only offer credit notes....

Original Poster

Darryl2312;6186928

Awful company ! Steer clear dude !They will NOT refund your cash, even … Awful company ! Steer clear dude !They will NOT refund your cash, even instore.Joke of a company !

sculpturatus;6186929

You can return into one of their stores free of charge. They have a good … You can return into one of their stores free of charge. They have a good return policy though :thumbsup:

love the comparasion! :whistling:

You wont get your money back only credit notes

Original Poster

sculpturatus;6186929

gari189;6186944

I doubt they will refund delivery costs especially if they are as bad as … I doubt they will refund delivery costs especially if they are as bad as their shops. Their shops do not give refunds and only offer credit notes....

their site states they will, and therefore if they dont they would be getting a very stirct formal letter ;-)

and again yet another contrast...one saying the will refund in store fine, one saying they will onyl give credit :thinking:

Banned

awoodhall2003;6186952

love the comparasion! :whistling:

Looks like I am in the minority :lol:

They wont refund instore on instore purchases either, after arguing with the little neddette manager for half an hour the other day I can confirm this lol !

Credit note only as it says on the tiniest sign in the world next to the till !

awoodhall2003;6186967

their site states they will, and therefore if they dont they would be … their site states they will, and therefore if they dont they would be getting a very stirct formal letter ;-)and again yet another contrast...one saying the will refund in store fine, one saying they will onyl give credit :thinking:

The distance selling regs will apply for online items but not to items you buy instore. There is a big difference so be prepared to argue your case. The problem I had was with shoes bought instore and they would only offer a credit note....

Original Poster

sculpturatus;6186971

Looks like I am in the minority :lol:

sure does! so have you actually returned things ok to them for cash then?

Banned

awoodhall2003;6187033

sure does! so have you actually returned things ok to them for cash then?

I didn't need a cash refund, just a larger size footwear, and they exchanged fine.

Original Poster

Darryl2312;6187020

They wont refund instore on instore purchases either, after arguing with … They wont refund instore on instore purchases either, after arguing with the little neddette manager for half an hour the other day I can confirm this lol !Credit note only as it says on the tiniest sign in the world next to the till !

yeah see i know about that instore, but online and returning instore...:?

gari189;6187028

The distance selling regs will apply for online items but not to items … The distance selling regs will apply for online items but not to items you buy instore. There is a big difference so be prepared to argue your case. The problem I had was with shoes bought instore and they would only offer a credit note....

yeah well they dont have them in store as ive tried two stores now and they have no stock on the trainers i like.

Original Poster

sculpturatus;6187042

I didn't need a cash refund, just a larger size footwear, and they … I didn't need a cash refund, just a larger size footwear, and they exchanged fine.

ah, see the local stores dont have the trainers i want in my size or stock, and thus would be of little use to me.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;6187086

Dsr's apply so you will get a refund, but may have to pay return costs if … Dsr's apply so you will get a refund, but may have to pay return costs if they specify them, I don't think you will have an issue, instore is another matter and they make it quite clear you will only get a credit note, if they even accept your unwanted return, don't think it will be to bad for ya:thumbsup:

yeah im fine just wondered about return costs, whether they supply it or whether i just have to send it via royal mail for example and that is my loss if they dont fit. :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Virgin Media Price Hike retention Deals1421
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767203
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826352
    4. word association Game73844463

See more discussions