Expired

Sports Direct Refund

Found 16th May 2014
I returned a pair of boots to Sports Direct within two days of having received them. I have just got an email from PayPal reporting that a partial refund has been received - the postage charge of £3.99 hasn't been included.

Do you know if this happens separately or if an error has been made?
Community Updates
17 Comments
Same thing happened to me when I returned a faulty item.
Reckon the boss spent it on pies.
That correct, bunch of crooks. My wife ordered some trainers, when they arrived they were the wrong size, ( they sent the wrong size) she contacted them and was told to return them and they would replace them and issue refund of postage. She then received an email saying they haven't got the size so just refunded the trainer price. Cost over £6 to return the wrong item. Sports direct not interested, apauling customer service.
Happened a few times to myself. If you returned the whole order and didn't keep any of it just email them and they will refund the remaining balance. Remind them that you returned the items and expect a full refund as entitled under DSR
simplyjimbo

Happened a few times to myself. If you returned the whole order and … Happened a few times to myself. If you returned the whole order and didn't keep any of it just email them and they will refund the remaining balance. Remind them that you returned the items and expect a full refund as entitled under DSR

unfortunately it is in there t&cs returns are at buyers expense, so if you decide to return because you just don't want it, or ordered the wrong item, they are not obliged to refund return postage.
can't you just return to the store instead of paying loads on postage? makes sense
If you can return to store don't forget they only give a credit note or exchange in Sports Direct!
damo1972

unfortunately it is in there t&cs returns are at buyers expense, so if … unfortunately it is in there t&cs returns are at buyers expense, so if you decide to return because you just don't want it, or ordered the wrong item, they are not obliged to refund return postage.

Return postage costs yes are your responsibility unless there is an error or fault but SD have to refund the original order postage and that is what the OP is short of.
Edited by: "simplyjimbo" 16th May 2014
simplyjimbo

Return postage yes but they have to refund the original order postage.

Thats correct, but not the cost of you returning the item!
Thanks for your helpful replies.

I charges I referred to were those relating to delivery to me. According to their T&Cs and distance selling regulations, they must refund everything except my returning postage costs.

From their site: "You may cancel your order any time within seven (7) working days, beginning on the day after you received the goods. We will refund the price of the goods in full, however the delivery costs originally paid are non-refundable unless your entire order is cancelled within seven (7) working days of receipt of goods. You will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us.
Gummo

Thanks for your helpful replies.I charges I referred to were those … Thanks for your helpful replies.I charges I referred to were those relating to delivery to me. According to their T&Cs and distance selling regulations, they must refund everything except my returning postage costs.From their site: "You may cancel your order any time within seven (7) working days, beginning on the day after you received the goods. We will refund the price of the goods in full, however the delivery costs originally paid are non-refundable unless your entire order is cancelled within seven (7) working days of receipt of goods. You will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us.

I would query it I assume you have a proof of posting?
If you received the wrong item you are entitled to full refund including postage both ways. They cannot dispute this. Contact your CC company. Under DSL you are responsible for postage if you change your mind.
Davethedealhunter

If you received the wrong item you are entitled to full refund including … If you received the wrong item you are entitled to full refund including postage both ways. They cannot dispute this. Contact your CC company. Under DSL you are responsible for postage if you change your mind.

Under DSL, I am responsible for the cost posting the return only. The seller must refund ALL the original delivery charges.
Davethedealhunter

If you received the wrong item you are entitled to full refund including … If you received the wrong item you are entitled to full refund including postage both ways. They cannot dispute this. Contact your CC company. Under DSL you are responsible for postage if you change your mind.

I didn't received the wrong item - it was of inferior quality to their photograph.

Under DSL, if I return the item within seven days, the seller must refund the original charge - including postage. I must pay to return the item only.
So any one know if you can return an item to a store but which was obtained from their website?
Same happened to me. I ordered lots of things from them. A few were faulted and I was not refunded to cost of returning them. Its their loss though as I will never order from them ever again.
Villa

So any one know if you can return an item to a store but which was … So any one know if you can return an item to a store but which was obtained from their website?

You can't, according to their on-line info. When, separately, I asked a store assistant, he told me they were separate companies.
Angel_Of_The_North

Same happened to me. I ordered lots of things from them. A few were … Same happened to me. I ordered lots of things from them. A few were faulted and I was not refunded to cost of returning them. Its their loss though as I will never order from them ever again.

Did you call them about the refunds?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants