Sports Direct refuse refunds instore

Found 10th Sep 2017Edited by:"heavygoodz"
Hi, we have just returned two items to a Sports Direct store, a day after purchase (in store). Unworn and with tags on - with receipt and we were refused a refund - only a credit note. I've never used Sports direct before but surely this can't be their policy?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
If you didn't have a receipt for the purchase, it's standard for most places to offer a credit note.
Sorry, this was with a receipt.
You're only entitled a refund if the goods are faulty, they don't have to offer a credit note either if you change your mind after the purchase, some shops do, some don't but they're not breaking any laws.

Buying online is different, distance selling kicks in then.
Edited by: "_-Richie-_" 10th Sep 2017
There's no right to a refund for non-faulty items; and as Sports Direct are a disgusting little company, you're unlikely to get anywhere with them. Maybe try emailing their CEO team?
Really shocked that this is their policy - my wife bought several items with the intention of returning the ones i didn't like.
What a way to alienate potential customers. What a joke. I'll send a few tweets off FWIW
as above, you have no legal right to a refund for unwanted purchases. my suggestion in future is to order online, if a little more hassle.
they are the only big retailer that does not do refunds, only credit notes. never buy anything there unless you are sure that you won't need to take it back. they are so backward for customer service and customer goodwill.
Yep, stores are run the same way as the owners football club.....his philosophy is "i dont give a toss what you think but gimme your money anyway"...best to stay away from both the stores and the football club
heavygoodz4 h, 25 m ago

Really shocked that this is their policy - my wife bought several items …Really shocked that this is their policy - my wife bought several items with the intention of returning the ones i didn't like.What a way to alienate potential customers. What a joke. I'll send a few tweets off FWIW

Not a good retailer for customer service admitted , but consider their track suited "chav" clientele Buy 5 tracksuits in various XL, XXL.XXXl. etc sizes and return the ones you can't fit into and expect a refund for the others , cant totally disagree with their policy to be fair .
That is their advertised policy and it's more than they need to do so long as the goods are as described and fit for purpose
mutley120 h, 11 m ago

they are the only big retailer that does not do refunds, only credit …they are the only big retailer that does not do refunds, only credit notes. never buy anything there unless you are sure that you won't need to take it back. they are so backward for customer service and customer goodwill.

well you can buy stuff that you might want to return as long as you are willing to spend the amount on something else there..
Just bought my little one a nice rain mac from there...
;0)...they really are the Ryanair of the high street....but well with in the law policy wise.....unfortunately.....
Edited by: "sxxychocolate" 11th Sep 2017
they do have big returns policy notices next to the tills that you could read while waiting ages for some kid to serve you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants