Sports direct refuse to close sort him out Boris

27 Comments
This was almost certainly written before tonight’s update.
StokeMeAClipper23/03/2020 22:23

This was almost certainly written before tonight’s update.

Seems not is being reported elsewhere though it’s definitely not on the list of approved shops.

Only a small group of retailers will be allowed to stay open including:

• Supermarkets
  • Pharmacies
  • Newsagents
  • Hardware stores
  • Banks
  • Pet shops
  • Post Offices
  • Petrol stations
  • Vets
  • Retail shops in hospitals
  • Laundrettes
  • Funeral homes
Edited by: "eslick" 23rd Mar
evans cycle as well, but people arent allowed out so how will they sell anything?

expressandstar.com/new…rs/
eslick23/03/2020 22:51

Seems not is being reported elsewhere though it’s definitely not on t …Seems not is being reported elsewhere though it’s definitely not on the list of approved shops.Only a small group of retailers will be allowed to stay open including:SupermarketsPharmaciesNewsagentsHardware storesBanksPet shopsPost OfficesPetrol stationsVetsRetail shops in hospitalsLaundrettes Funeral homes

Blimey. That’s a bit silly! I’m sure peoples need for hokey hockey sticks has diminished in light of the end of times.
they have probably seen an increase in footfall since the schools have closed as a lot of their customers are kids, so they are reluctant to close. but the article seem to state that boris has told them they can stay open.
mutley123/03/2020 23:07

they have probably seen an increase in footfall since the schools have …they have probably seen an increase in footfall since the schools have closed as a lot of their customers are kids, so they are reluctant to close. but the article seem to state that boris has told them they can stay open.

Is there anything you do not know?
Is it possible to drive my wife to her work place. She's a teacher and scheduled in on a rota basis next week?
rimalpatel00723/03/2020 23:08

Is it possible to drive my wife to her work place. She's a teacher and …Is it possible to drive my wife to her work place. She's a teacher and scheduled in on a rota basis next week?

If she has no other way of getting there as they need the school staff for key workers children

Is it possible to drive my wife to her work place. She's a teacher and …Is it possible to drive my wife to her work place. She's a teacher and scheduled in on a rota basis next week?

interesting question. she is allowed to go work for sure. they may say no to you driving her as that is not 'absolutely necessary'. i think this word is the key to what you can and cannot do.

i can't see how they will police the lockdown though as you could drop her off on your way to the supermarket for groceries.
kirstie280623/03/2020 23:13

If she has no other way of getting there as they need the school staff for …If she has no other way of getting there as they need the school staff for key workers children

She can take the train however she's worried contracting the virus.
mutley123/03/2020 23:01

evans cycle as well, but people arent allowed out so how will they sell …evans cycle as well, but people arent allowed out so how will they sell anything?https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2020/03/23/sports-direct-and-evans-to-stay-open-as-bosses-claim-staff-are-key-workers/

Apparently Curry's PC World is staying open
rimalpatel00723/03/2020 23:22

Apparently Curry's PC World is staying open

boris specifically says shops selling electronics. i think their online arm will stay open but not their stores.
mutley123/03/2020 23:23

boris specifically says shops selling electronics. i think their online …boris specifically says shops selling electronics. i think their online arm will stay open but not their stores.

It was email circulated at 9.05pm to it's employees. Being discussed on LBC now
rimalpatel00723/03/2020 23:32

It was email circulated at 9.05pm to it's employees. Being discussed on …It was email circulated at 9.05pm to it's employees. Being discussed on LBC now

the online stores are fine, but i can't see why their physical stores need to be open.
I work in steel supplies factory , I have absolutely no idea if my work is "essential", for all I know the steel could be used to make either cat flaps or ventilators
Edited by: "Douglas_Birks" 24th Mar

I'd argue YES, you can take her. Just make sure she keeps any school ID on her.

Can't see anyone stopping you.

This Govt has got rid of police over last 10 years. I've not seen one on the beat for months so can't see any being around to enforce this
Typical Ashley
Looks like they have backed down
Wongy11024/03/2020 07:52

Looks like they have backed down

Looks like they have been forced to
Gove has told they they are not key workers and should shut, their twitter account sent a letter to the PM, unbelievable from Ashley as usual.
You can order from them online although their delivery is a bit expensive. Mike Ashley's ego is the problem. Looks like he's been slapped down now anyway.
I went out this morning to try (and eventually successfully) get toilet rolls and heinz beans for my parents and Brand Max and Sports Direct are in the same shopping centre . It actually looked like both had been opened and then closed shortly after (lights on and shutters pulled almost all the way down). I actually did genuinely need something from Sports Direct too but can order online
Just tried to order the item that I wanted online (it was £12.99 instore and same price online this morning) and the price has magically jumped to £17.99 (was still £12,99 in my basket) plus £5 postage, so £22.99 for something that I could have picked up on my way home last night for £10 less . Good old Mike Ashley
wee_snoop24/03/2020 15:03

Just tried to order the item that I wanted online (it was £12.99 instore …Just tried to order the item that I wanted online (it was £12.99 instore and same price online this morning) and the price has magically jumped to £17.99 (was still £12,99 in my basket) plus £5 postage, so £22.99 for something that I could have picked up on my way home last night for £10 less . Good old Mike Ashley

try fleebay
rimalpatel00724/03/2020 15:09

try fleebay

Ordered something similar, item itself was slightly more expensive but cheaper overall when you add in the postage, plus I'm not putting more cash in Ashleys pockets
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants