Expired

Sportsdirect finally doing click and collect to store!

Found 28th Nov 2014
Just got all excited thinking that SD had finally come to their senses and provided an in-store collection service to bypass their £3.99 delivery and £5.99 collect+ charges.
Read on to find they want the £3.99 for the privilege of picking items up in store.
Gobsmacked! They'll be charging an entrance fee for their stores next.

"For only : £3.99

sportsdirect.com/Cus…ons
Your parcel can only be collected within your chosen stores opening hours. Please ensure you have your order number, unique delivery code and a form of ID."
Community Updates
Top comments
Really? Just about every major retailer has free click and collect, sports direct and the fat geordie can do one.
22 Comments
Really? Just about every major retailer has free click and collect, sports direct and the fat geordie can do one.
Banned
Shameful charging £3.99 to collect from a store
Banned
Should be free would increase sales
Takin one for the team...good job sergeant..heat added!!
Thanks for sharing, Ive just popped this into misc as its more of a heads up than a deal.
Edited by: "bigflump" 28th Nov 2014

Comment

beerthebishop

Takin one for the team...good job sergeant..heat added!!

Sorry subtracted :-))
To be fair most of the On Line stuff isn't available in store. Probably have to order it specially from China (_;)
Edited by: "rogparki" 28th Nov 2014
SD do have some really nice items for sometimes unbelievably cheap prices but their delivery charges (home or store) are just ridiculous. Why pay £3 for a pair of trainers or 99p for a shirt then have to pay £3.99+ just to have the thing delivered.

SD could change their business and double-triple-quadruple their profits overnight if they did what other retailers do and have FREE in store pick-up, they could cover the cost by just increases prices by say £1 per item and they would still be value for money and people would still buy them and in much larger quantities and more often.
Banned
Wow I'm so excited just like the OP. I bet the five year olds working on the sweat shops are really excited to help the billionaire make even more money
slightly different i find it strange amazon charge more for collect plus than home delivery
Banned
This shop should be boycotted the way they treat suppliers and staff.
Saw this yesterday for their black friday sales. We have 2 SD 1 minute apart in Harrow... only to see the £3.99
charge. Still selected it and they said the nearest store for me to collect was Wembley (3 miles away)
amygx

SD do have some really nice items for sometimes unbelievably cheap prices … SD do have some really nice items for sometimes unbelievably cheap prices but their delivery charges (home or store) are just ridiculous. Why pay £3 for a pair of trainers or 99p for a shirt then have to pay £3.99+ just to have the thing delivered.SD could change their business and double-triple-quadruple their profits overnight if they did what other retailers do and have FREE in store pick-up, they could cover the cost by just increases prices by say £1 per item and they would still be value for money and people would still buy them and in much larger quantities and more often.

How much is Mike Ashley worth and how much are you worth?
They don't even do cash refunds anymore even though it was the next day they said they only give store credit now no cash refunds.
Hannah65432

They don't even do cash refunds anymore even though it was the next day … They don't even do cash refunds anymore even though it was the next day they said they only give store credit now no cash refunds.

Did you ask for a refund, in lieu of an exchanged item, without asking for a like-or-like replacement first?

What were the circumstances that led to the need for a refund?
Dryosh

Really? Just about every major retailer has free click and collect, … Really? Just about every major retailer has free click and collect, sports direct and the fat geordie can do one.

Must correct you, Mike Ashley is not and never has been a geordie The fat one is from Burnham, Buckinghamshire
This is disgusting I nearly fell for SD SCAM free £5 my AR.E, I went to my local SD to see item I wanted on C&C it was sat there on the shelf, so they wanted £4.99 for me to pick up basically also they are automatically putting a magazine in trolley so its £5.99 before you start (free £5 false advertising) im so disgusted im going to report to Watchdog no other online stores like there's charge for cc. I will not be shopping at SD ever again FAT CATS NEVER HAPPY SO GREEDY.
Just went to order a fidget spinner for £5. They want £4.99 for click and collect WHAT A RIP OFF. Not using this shop anymore.
mikes12347 m ago

Just went to order a fidget spinner for £5. They want £4.99 for click and c …Just went to order a fidget spinner for £5. They want £4.99 for click and collect WHAT A RIP OFF. Not using this shop anymore.

Who uses click and collect for cheap tat that is sold in almost every shop you pass?
RossD89

Who uses click and collect for cheap tat that is sold in almost every … Who uses click and collect for cheap tat that is sold in almost every shop you pass?

Because my grandson wants a Tottenham fidget spinner which I can't find elsewhere and sports direct have them on the shelf.
RossD89

Here are three links from a simple Google search, including Tottenham's … Here are three links from a simple Google search, including Tottenham's own website...http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/352109693901?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275&_mwBanner=1https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071Z3M32Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_FqfFzb0ZM7RZ2http://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/product/spurs-fidget-spinner/77934

I hadn't looked on-line. Only is shops on the high street. Thanks for the links.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants