Spotify 12 month premium for £14.95 - thoughts?

Found 6th May 2013
Just posted this as a deal, it was flagged as spam before i even refreshed the page. Understandably though, theres one guy on ebay selling Spotify Premium accounts, 12 month, for a total of £14.95. I've dug through their feedback and can't find much to fault and even purchased one an hour ago. Yes it is Ebay, and I've taken a chance. Description says they create you an account, and you can change the email and password afterwards to what you like.

Anybody else purchased? What's your thoughts?

LINK REMOVED

Update : Was dodgy, after reading up I found the accounts were stolen from netherlands so ended up reporting them to Spotify, had my account locked too and lost all my playlists etc..

Lesson learnt.

Do not buy!
Community Updates
MiscMusicSubscription
35 Comments
Original Poster
http://i43.tinypic.com/33bonq1.jpg
Edited by: "fluidz" 6th May 2013
certainly interesting.

Edited by: "lady111" 6th May 2013
The account will be linked to some poor telia customers account
It may last a month it may last a year if the telia account holder does not notice.
Yes, I did this a whilst back, the subscription lasted a month and then stopped. eBay returned my money.
You can buy these accounts for about £2 on the hack forums
You need to take the sellers address down!
Original Poster
skellysgirl

You need to take the sellers address down!

Done
Sellers address is on the ebay listing anyway.
Dodge central, population: fluidz
Original Poster
ct89

Dodge central, population: fluidz

??
fluidz

??

Im saying it looks too good to be true, seems like a scam
Original Poster
I agree.
Does seem too good to be true, I have been paying £10 a month for Spotify since it started, I use it around the house with Squeezeboxes and haven't bought a CD since, if there was a cheaper option I'd love to know!
Original Poster
RustySpoons

Does seem too good to be true, I have been paying £10 a month for Spotify … Does seem too good to be true, I have been paying £10 a month for Spotify since it started, I use it around the house with Squeezeboxes and haven't bought a CD since, if there was a cheaper option I'd love to know!

Hence why I shared this.. There are no cheaper options other than using a student card. I can't justify paying £10 per month as some days I don't even use the service.

There's always Deezer, £5 per month, 320Kbps audio, no mobile support though, that fetch you back £10.
There was a thread about this on misc the other week.
It's a scam linked to someone's mobile contract in Switzerland or somewhere in Europe.
fluidz

Hence why I shared this.. There are no cheaper options other than using a … Hence why I shared this.. There are no cheaper options other than using a student card. I can't justify paying £10 per month as some days I don't even use the service.There's always Deezer, £5 per month, 320Kbps audio, no mobile support though, that fetch you back £10.

I'm tempted to buy one for £15! not much to lose really and you should be covered by eBay/Paypal surely?
Original Poster
RustySpoons

I'm tempted to buy one for £15! not much to lose really and you should be … I'm tempted to buy one for £15! not much to lose really and you should be covered by eBay/Paypal surely?

I've taken the plunge. The description says it is completely legit and done through one of their partners, be sure to screenshot the page to show to Ebay just in case.
Original Poster
sickly sweet

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/cheap-spotify-ebay-1442719http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Spotify-premium-accounts-are-being-hacked-from-TELIA-dk-and-sold/m-p/255086

Thanks for sharing, may contact Ebay and ask for a refund before it even arrives.
If it is Telia at first I just assumed it was some free service that someone isn't using, but looking in to it customers actually get charged!!!!!! That's disgraceful
Original Poster
Ill keep the thread updated and let you guys know if the account they make for me is Telia related.

Not that it will make the slightest difference.
fluidz

Ill keep the thread updated and let you guys know if the account they … Ill keep the thread updated and let you guys know if the account they make for me is Telia related.

Yeah good idea mate, if it is would you consider reporting them?
Original Poster
RustySpoons

Yeah good idea mate, if it is would you consider reporting them?

Of course I will!
fluidz

Of course I will!

What concerns me the most is, I have 5 squeezeboxes registered on a genuine account, if this turned out to be dodgy they could ban my squeezeboxes off their network for life oO
Edited by: "RustySpoons" 6th May 2013
Grooveshark is much better and free
subway

Grooveshark is much better and free

If you like listening to dodgy YouTube rips, then most definitely X)
Edited by: "ampdewd" 6th May 2013
ampdewd

If you like listening to dodgy YouTube rips, then most definitely X)

1.Grooveshark have a set standard in music quality. Look it up.
2. It has a wider variety and more music
3. It's free
The cheapest option is Spotify from Poland - ~£4 per month for Premium (instead of £10), but you need to ask someone with polish card/paypal to buy you this as a gift.
Original Poster
Was dodgy, after reading up I found the accounts were stolen from netherlands so ended up reporting them to Spotify, had my account locked too and lost all my playlists etc..

Lesson learnt.

Do not buy!
the account will be stolen or shared.

Shared - meaning the login info you get is being sold onto as many other people as the guy can sell it to thus him making a profit ( 20 sales = £300 for him) , and given you can't listen to music on different devices at the same time when someone else plays a track yours will stop, you play a track and the other person music stops, so they play a track and your music stops and eventually spotify will ban the account.

Not to mention ive read feedback where people make playlists other users delete them, other users change the password, de-link social accounts etc,. waste of time.
Still lots of ebayer deals and bizarrely YouTube clips showing how to download 12month free codes, but the are badges reading 100% legit and guaranteed so you know it must be okay!
If only I knew a friendly Pol!
I've had my virgin media 3 months free spotify account for about 7 months! happy days!
Just use the Gmail trick and keep getting free month trials (_;)
souljacker

Just use the Gmail trick and keep getting free month trials (_;)

Do you lose your playlists though ?
ChrisUK

You could share them/make them public.
ChrisUK

You can just re add them as long as they are public, obviously you can't add to them anymore
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants