Spotify Family Premium Subscription - Is there a way to add a friend who lives at a different address to this?

Found 2nd Mar
Has anyone managed to do this? How do they verify that the accounts are all under the same address? Thinking of opening an account up for me and three of my friends to lower the costs, has anyone else managed to pull this off? Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Would be interested in responses, and add a further question.

What if one of the users live in Ireland?

I am looking at taking out a family account, and would like to add my dad. He is has retired and to Ireland.
Yes loads of people do it.
You just pretend he lives at your address. Ylu send him the referral link to add on the family slot it will ask him for the postcode etc he puts your address - bingo he has spotify premium.
Original Poster
Caroline_199334 m ago

You just pretend he lives at your address. Ylu send him the referral link …You just pretend he lives at your address. Ylu send him the referral link to add on the family slot it will ask him for the postcode etc he puts your address - bingo he has spotify premium.

It's as easy as that? They don't check anything or ask for a utility bill or check the ip address or something? (I know that probably sounds stupid but I thought they'd see that people can easily create a loophole)
f2k83 m ago

It's as easy as that? They don't check anything or ask for a utility bill …It's as easy as that? They don't check anything or ask for a utility bill or check the ip address or something? (I know that probably sounds stupid but I thought they'd see that people can easily create a loophole)

No they dont. Ive had family premium for nearly 2 years not once had any problems
Original Poster
Caroline_19937 m ago

No they dont. Ive had family premium for nearly 2 years not once had any …No they dont. Ive had family premium for nearly 2 years not once had any problems

Perfect, thank you, always thought to do it at some point but kept thinking they'd catch on, thanks for the assistance!
f2k83 h, 39 m ago

It's as easy as that? They don't check anything or ask for a utility bill …It's as easy as that? They don't check anything or ask for a utility bill or check the ip address or something? (I know that probably sounds stupid but I thought they'd see that people can easily create a loophole)

When you think of it, it is a mobile product so they can't really lock it down to an address.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions