Spotify Free account now streams on Sonos

Posted 19th Nov
sonos.com/en-…ome

I've been wishing I was able to do this for some time.

Sonos as of the this month has added a long-awaited feature to its whole-home audio solution: Spotify Free streaming support.

Spotify Free on Sonos lets you shuffle playback of the entire Spotify catalog. It also features 15 on-demand playlists, including personalized playlists like Discover Weekly, Release Radar, and Daily Mix as well as curated faves like RapCaviar. Spotify Free streams can be played through Sonos speakers directly from Spotify (using Spotify Connect) or via the Sonos app if you prefer, just like Spotify’s ad-free Premium accounts that offer the luxury of unrestricted playback.

Hope this helps someone
Community Updates

Groups

18 Comments
Excellent news, thanks for sharing
Can't use Alexa to play Spotify 😥
Some caveats here. I will only work in 'shuffle'. Still decent though
janlim19/11/2019 18:32

Can't use Alexa to play Spotify 😥

I usually say the song and artist then Spotify to get Alexa to play back. Doesn’t always understand me though!
Adverts play a lot
What's the deal?
Shuffle the entire library eh? So Forced Gender Reassignment by Cattle Decapitation could pop up when your nan’s over for tea? Excellent.
gabesdad19/11/2019 19:02

I usually say the song and artist then Spotify to get Alexa to play back. …I usually say the song and artist then Spotify to get Alexa to play back. Doesn’t always understand me though!

Alexa app > settings > music > default music library > spotify
so way overpriced Sonos is giving away something free

No thanks
Thanks for the heads up
cullies19/11/2019 19:49

so way overpriced Sonos is giving away something freeNo thanks

Wireless surround sound, seemed like a good price to me
KL8819/11/2019 20:03

You can.

Alexa keep asking "only work if I subscribe to Spotify premium"
cullies19/11/2019 19:49

so way overpriced Sonos is giving away something freeNo thanks

You can get Symfonisk speaker or lamp from IKEA. Way more reasonably priced. They are SONOS as well.
I finally get 6 months of premium as a result of the Xbox gamepass offer so I can now play Spotify on my Sonos, then this happens. Typical
Edited by: "RhysLloyd2002" 19th Nov
Thanks for the notification!
Woohoo! Finally! thanks for the heads up!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants