Spotify no longer accept NUS - please vote

Found 5th Mar
I have posted this to Spotify...

It seems to have been said many times before on this forum, but the removal of NUS is a joke. I have been a premium paying member of Spotify for 5 years, using my NUS student discount for some of those. I come to renew this March and have been told to register through UniDays. I AM A PAYING MEMBER OF NUS, I don’t WANT to use UniDays! I have my NUS card for another coupld of years before the course runs out, so as an adult student registering for multiple student memberships is annoying, pointless and sometimes difficult without access to .ac.uk emails. So please PLEASE, for the sake of your long term paying members PLEASE return to allowing NUS mermbers to use spotify permium. I don’t care if you offer both services, just don’t eliminate half of the student population!

My view is pretty clear. I would guess there are many people on HUKD that would also be impacted by this when their renewal is due!

Please add your vote so that Spotify will see this and maybe reinstate NUS for student discount. There needs to be a minimum of 100 votes for them to review it.

Link: community.spotify.com/t5/…219
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Unidays is free and if you're an actual student you will have access to .ac.uk not some fake student who studies microsoft powerpoint through an online course
32 Comments
Unidays is free and if you're an actual student you will have access to .ac.uk not some fake student who studies microsoft powerpoint through an online course
----12 m ago

Unidays is free and if you're an actual student you will have access to …Unidays is free and if you're an actual student you will have access to .ac.uk not some fake student who studies microsoft powerpoint through an online course

Exactly. Unidays is free and if you are an actual student its not an issue.
----34 m ago

Unidays is free and if you're an actual student you will have access to …Unidays is free and if you're an actual student you will have access to .ac.uk not some fake student who studies microsoft powerpoint through an online course

While I agree with the sentiment, anyone who studies is surely a student? I reckon the OP's a bludger mind.......
Shengis5 m ago

While I agree with the sentiment, anyone who studies is surely a student? …While I agree with the sentiment, anyone who studies is surely a student? I reckon the OP's a bludger mind.......

They may be a student but the purpose of having such websites offering discounts for "students" is to save money. If you are a proper student you do not earn much if at all. They are usually full time studying and have to take out a loan for thousands, not buying a £5 course from gogroupie

Online courses you can still do your day job and do not deserve such a benefit. Stupid sense of entitlement, just because someone has something does not mean you get it too
----10 m ago

They may be a student but the purpose of having such websites offering …They may be a student but the purpose of having such websites offering discounts for "students" is to save money. If you are a proper student you do not earn much if at all. They are usually full time studying and have to take out a loan for thousands, not buying a £5 course from gogroupieOnline courses you can still do your day job and do not deserve such a benefit. Stupid sense of entitlement, just because someone has something does not mean you get it too

Lol trolling open university students, shame on you
----21 m ago

They may be a student but the purpose of having such websites offering …They may be a student but the purpose of having such websites offering discounts for "students" is to save money. If you are a proper student you do not earn much if at all. They are usually full time studying and have to take out a loan for thousands, not buying a £5 course from gogroupieOnline courses you can still do your day job and do not deserve such a benefit. Stupid sense of entitlement, just because someone has something does not mean you get it too

I can see where you're coming from but think it's a sad way of looking at things. To me that equates as people working say a minimum wage job who want to better themselves can go to hell if they want help

^Bearing in mind this is Spotify we're talking about, don't take that comment too seriously
kester7611 m ago

Lol trolling open university students, shame on you

Isn't that now open.ac.uk though
Shengis13 m ago

Isn't that now open.ac.uk though

Probably but the point I was making is a lot of students have full time jobs and make time to study. To say that hard workers doing apprenticeships and OU aren't real students is very elitist and against what the student union stands for. Not every student goes to Uni.
kester7612 m ago

Probably but the point I was making is a lot of students have full time …Probably but the point I was making is a lot of students have full time jobs and make time to study. To say that hard workers doing apprenticeships and OU aren't real students is very elitist and against what the student union stands for. Not every student goes to Uni.

That's how I took it too Just asked the wife if she had an ac.uk email address when she was studying an acountacy degree and she said no.
didnt this stop last year.
Shengis1 h, 17 m ago

While I agree with the sentiment, anyone who studies is surely a student? …While I agree with the sentiment, anyone who studies is surely a student? I reckon the OP's a bludger mind.......

...or a "Prime Student"...

[ hotukdeals.com/com…792 ]
never mind maybe he quite will help you to concentrate on your studies, every cloud...eh?
I used my NUS card at McDonald's once in front of my best mate in the Armed forces who showed his forces card and McDonald's said sorry we dont give discount or anything free to Armed forces. Wow if you'd of heard him after this he was proper pi**ed. One of those moments you want the world to swallow you up.
Oh boo hoo, Spotify is hardly an essential so i don't see why they should offer a student discount anyway
kester763 h, 26 m ago

Probably but the point I was making is a lot of students have full time …Probably but the point I was making is a lot of students have full time jobs and make time to study. To say that hard workers doing apprenticeships and OU aren't real students is very elitist and against what the student union stands for. Not every student goes to Uni.

And they all pay thru the nose, i think OU is like 4k or more now, also a lot of unemployed, mums, disabled people etc take OU to help them get a job or raise self esteem.
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 5th Mar
fanpages suspended
Shengis4 h, 12 m ago

That's how I took it too Just asked the wife if she had an ac.uk …That's how I took it too Just asked the wife if she had an ac.uk email address when she was studying an acountacy degree and she said no.

I studied open ou around 3 years ago and have an ac.uk address.
Graham19793 h, 58 m ago

MAKE STUDENTS PAY FULL PRICE ON EVERYTHING, YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT YOU CAN'T …MAKE STUDENTS PAY FULL PRICE ON EVERYTHING, YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!Welcome to the real world

Is your caps lock broken?

students should have discounts, most don’t have time for a full time job due to studying to better themselves rather than being on the dole.
Edited by: "mds1256" 5th Mar
deleted8996
It's their ball they set the rules. Either sign up via unidays (which I'm guessing you can't as you're not entitled to an account), get a family account with some friends or bite the bullet and pay the £10.

Failing that you could (if on android) get a hacked version.
deleted89965th Mar

It's their ball they set the rules. Either sign up via unidays (which I'm …It's their ball they set the rules. Either sign up via unidays (which I'm guessing you can't as you're not entitled to an account), get a family account with some friends or bite the bullet and pay the £10.Failing that you could (if on android) get a hacked version.

They've zapped those modded apk's and are sending out warning letters.
So, a tenner it is unless the OP joins a "family" group.

torrentfreak.com/spo…05/

Edit: added link to news story.
Edited by: "justpassingthru" 5th Mar
deleted8996
CI'm still using a modded app. So they clearly haven't. A quick Google for the right terms will bring up the APK. As will an alternative app store.

Interesting read on the link. I'll wait and see what happens with my APK. I've six months legit deezer running side by side with it and tend to use that more as it doesn't eat into my data as it's included on the three go binge.
Edited by: "deleted8996" 5th Mar
deleted89965th Mar

CI'm still using a modded app. So they clearly haven't. A quick Google …CI'm still using a modded app. So they clearly haven't. A quick Google for the right terms will bring up the APK. As will an alternative app store.Interesting read on the link. I'll wait and see what happens with my APK. I've six months legit deezer running side by side with it and tend to use that more as it doesn't eat into my data as it's included on the three go binge.

The one I was using got zapped, so I tried another and that worked for a while with a vpn. Then I tried Lucky Patcher on the unmodded apk, and that got zapped too. Spotify are cracking down (pardon the pun).
mds12561 h, 24 m ago

I studied open ou around 3 years ago and have an ac.uk address.

And?
deleted8996
justpassingthru20 m ago

The one I was using got zapped, so I tried another and that worked for a …The one I was using got zapped, so I tried another and that worked for a while with a vpn. Then I tried Lucky Patcher on the unmodded apk, and that got zapped too. Spotify are cracking down (pardon the pun).

Just checked mine. Still working fine. It was updated by the 3rd party app store last night, so not sure if that's played a part. I've never used a VPN with Spotify.
Edited by: "deleted8996" 5th Mar
shabbird4 h, 22 m ago

fanpages suspended

Everyone's spelling and grammar is going to go to pot :(.
----5th Mar

OpenUni don’t give out .ac.uk addresses when you register for courses. I also didn’t get a .ac.uk address when I studied CCNA at a college. So just because you’re a student doesn’t automatically mean you can sign up to Unidays. Also I don’t see why Unidays and NUS should get different benefits, especially when I pay for my NUS membership.
MJ1024 m ago

OpenUni don’t give out .ac.uk addresses when you register for courses. I a …OpenUni don’t give out .ac.uk addresses when you register for courses. I also didn’t get a .ac.uk address when I studied CCNA at a college. So just because you’re a student doesn’t automatically mean you can sign up to Unidays. Also I don’t see why Unidays and NUS should get different benefits, especially when I pay for my NUS membership.

Because they are different things whom negotiate deals for themselves.
----5th Mar

Hey, as a male working in web development, I take my make-up course very seriously
You can no longer use NUS? I swear I used it for my Spotify account a couple of months back.
Mechtup19th Mar

You can no longer use NUS? I swear I used it for my Spotify account a …You can no longer use NUS? I swear I used it for my Spotify account a couple of months back.

Yup. A recent (and annoying) change.
MJ106th Mar

OpenUni don’t give out .ac.uk addresses when you register for courses. I a …OpenUni don’t give out .ac.uk addresses when you register for courses. I also didn’t get a .ac.uk address when I studied CCNA at a college. So just because you’re a student doesn’t automatically mean you can sign up to Unidays. Also I don’t see why Unidays and NUS should get different benefits, especially when I pay for my NUS membership.

The open university do its a @myopen.ac.uk email address - I have one. This may be because I was studying IT courses but you defintely get an .ac.uk email with them
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants