Spotify Premium Family account ..

Found 31st Dec 2017
Apologies if this isn't the right place, but does anyone have a spare place in a Spotify Premium Family account ?

spotify.com/uk/family/

Or, are there any interested parties in joining me, if I should decide to set one up ?

Just got an amazon Echo for Christmas, so looking at various options for music streaming ..

Seeing as this is gaining pace, and might be taking off, it works out @ £2.50 per month, per person / £30 per year.

I've got 100% positive feedback on eBay (studley_3270) just to reassure anyone interested.

Looking at the payment options, Spotify accept PayPal, so happy to accept monthly payments from all concerned (this minimising the risk to all) ...

Obviously I'll add each individual (existing or new) login to the Spotify control panel, and share my postcode to everyone (just in case Spotify decide to seek validation all family members )
Community Updates
Ask
42 Comments
I’m interested
I'm interested in joining, I pay £5 a month through Unidays, but 2.50 would be better
Conchiron2 m ago

I'm interested in joining, I pay £5 a month through Unidays, but 2.50 …I'm interested in joining, I pay £5 a month through Unidays, but 2.50 would be better

Ok, that's two in.

Three more people needed ...
If I was to join one of these family accounts would I be able to share it?
At the moment we have a prime account that we share the basic music with someone else.
stefromuk2 m ago

If I was to join one of these family accounts would I be able to share …If I was to join one of these family accounts would I be able to share it?At the moment we have a prime account that we share the basic music with someone else.

The way I understand it is that you each have an individual login, and you can create your own individual playlists etc ...

It's exactly the same as an individual Spotify Premium account, but it has 6 members on it (all from the same household )
I'd be happy to join! Let me know how to proceed!
Cheers 😃

Two more people needed !
Mark327017 m ago

Cheers 😃 Two more people needed !

I'm going to have to back out, so sorry! Made a new google play account for 4 month trial. I didn't want to leave you all hanging around waiting for me.
Conchiron6 m ago

I'm going to have to back out, so sorry! Made a new google play account …I'm going to have to back out, so sorry! Made a new google play account for 4 month trial. I didn't want to leave you all hanging around waiting for me.

No worries ....
I'm up for this, seems like a great idea rather than everyone paying subs separately!

Edit - just to check, can you stream at the same time from different echos (at the same address) using this account?
Edited by: "Swift_gti" 31st Dec 2017
Swift_gti15 m ago

I'm up for this, seems like a great idea rather than everyone paying subs …I'm up for this, seems like a great idea rather than everyone paying subs separately!Edit - just to check, can you stream at the same time from different echos (at the same address) using this account?

Hmmm, not sure on that to be honest.

All 6 participants will be able to stream independently and at the same time.

I'm guessing if the Echo's in your household share the same Premium login, then Yes, probably
Sent a pm Mark3270
moschops111 m ago

Sent a pm Mark3270

Replied
I'm guessing this is full but will leave my comment here in case other people are interested in joinging together.
rrgthompson20 m ago

I'm guessing this is full but will leave my comment here in case other …I'm guessing this is full but will leave my comment here in case other people are interested in joinging together.

Not full yet .. Still looking for one more participant
My son says he will take the last one
Right, I think we're there 😃

Can everyone who I've tagged in this thread please have a read of the FAQ and info regarding family accounts over at Spotify Family just so you know what you're getting (sorry if it's a case of telling you to suck eggs, certainly not my intention).
I've read it
All read, I’m in!
Sorry folks but I'll have to pass.. Just done a bit of research and from what I can tell, spotify will only play on one echo at a time - even if at the same address.

We normally have a couple of echoes streaming in different rooms, so doesn't look like this will work.

@rrgthompson, my slot is yours if you want it.
Terms look good to me and sorry about delay responding - I'm not getting notifications for some reason!
No worries mate ....

@rrgthompson have sent you a PM
I’ll take the available slot.

PMed and replied.

Starting 2018 in true HUKD fashion!

Thanks.
Morning all ...

Happy New Year to everyone

I'm starting the process of setting up the account today (ideal really as it the 1st of the month) so you're all going to receive a PM shortly.

Any problems - feel free to get back in touch.
Are all the slots taken ?
William_Burman4 m ago

Are all the slots taken ?

At the moment they are all taken William - but if that changes I'm happy to message you ?
Sounds good to me
@neXta17 can you send me a PM please - for some reason I can't message you - says I'm not authorised ?
Mark32701 h, 8 m ago

@neXta17 can you send me a PM please - for some reason I can't message you …@neXta17 can you send me a PM please - for some reason I can't message you - says I'm not authorised ?

Says that you block incoming messages too. Let me look at my settings...
I've ticked the box to allow others to send me messages but now can't see the option to send you a PM. Sorry, normally reasonably tech-savvy but this is defeating me. I'm following you now though!
neXta1714 m ago

I've ticked the box to allow others to send me messages but now can't see …I've ticked the box to allow others to send me messages but now can't see the option to send you a PM. Sorry, normally reasonably tech-savvy but this is defeating me. I'm following you now though!

Not active member apparently, just in the background for 6 years! Anyone know how 'active' I need to be to PM?!?!
neXta175 m ago

Not active member apparently, just in the background for 6 years! Anyone …Not active member apparently, just in the background for 6 years! Anyone know how 'active' I need to be to PM?!?!

Active now!
Have sent another PM Mark as not sure the original got to you. Cheers.
Ok - all participants have replied, and are set-up and working.

Mod's .... can this thread be closed now please. I have everyone's email addresses, and can always communicate via PM on here ...

Thanks everyone for your promptness and patience - we got there in the end

Oh, and can all participants please check that there is no postcode entered against your own Spotify Profile - or enter my postcode (which you all have) just to be safe. Mind you - there isn't an option to enter a postcode on my own profile, so maybe it isn't needed ?

Either way - we're up & running
Top stuff Mark - thank you and happy new year to our 'family'!
Can anyone comment on if they had any issues and how easy it was to set this up? Did you manage to play different tracks on 2 echos at the 1 location?

thanks
From my point of view (as the OP and 'owner' of the family group) it was pretty straightforward.

I just needed the first name, last name and email address of all the members. Entered them into Spotify which then sent out the invites. If an invitee had an existing account with Spotify then it simply upgraded that account to a Premium Family one.

I think (from feedback I've had) that Spotify doesn't like hotmail email addresses unfortunately.

You also need to be prepared to pass on your full address inc postcode to all other family members (as Spotify request this as verification).

Everyone involved sent me payment via PayPal (nice and easy).

Not sure about having it working on 2 different devices at 2 separate locations. Think that isn't possible - but maybe someone else will comment.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants