Spotify premium to account question

Posted 14th May
Hi all,

I’m looking at getting Spotify family to share with “family in my house” as I’m fed up of keep getting cut off on the premium account I share with them when I’m listening to music in the car and they decide to listen to something at home.

I know it’s possible, but how easy it is to transfer all of my playlist over to a family account and someone else transfer there’s from a premium account to the same family account ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
I have a family account setup. bascially 1 account is the bill payer and the other 5 account, you send a unique link for them to click and it links there own individual account to the family account, if that makes sense?
darthvader666uk14/05/2020 10:11

I have a family account setup. bascially 1 account is the bill payer and …I have a family account setup. bascially 1 account is the bill payer and the other 5 account, you send a unique link for them to click and it links there own individual account to the family account, if that makes sense?

Yep, don’t need a new account as far as I’m aware. I used my preexisting account when signing up, then sent links to the emails of my family members for them to add onto the family account.
So there’s no faffing about with playlists ?
I swapped from an old free account to a new premium one as I had 6 month free currys code. Went to spotmybackup.com logged in to the old account exported everything I wanted, logged into the new and imported jobs a good'un
andyjp114/05/2020 10:44

No you all have separate accounts with seperate playlists.
Ok, have any of you give your family membership to family members outside of your house?
andyjp114/05/2020 10:44

nope, what ever you do on your account is yours, every one else has ther eown accounts
andyjp114/05/2020 10:55

Ok, have any of you give your family membership to family members outside …Ok, have any of you give your family membership to family members outside of your house?

100%

my wife got 1, my old man got one, I got one and 3 of my buddies have 1
Ok, thanks . My mates up for it but doesn’t want to lose his own playlist that’s all
If you don’t want to put your passwords into third party websites not at all affiliated with Spotify follow these steps with the playlists you want to move over.
On your old account:
Make your playlist public
Make your playlist collaborative ( means you can edit it with a different account)
On your new account:
Follow your old playlist, where it’s been made collaborative it means you can edit it on your new account.
If you have an Xbox, Spotify are giving you 6 months for free. I’ve just upgraded
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions