Spotify vs Apple Music?

Posted 2nd NovEdited by:"takethatfan1978"
I have been having issues with Spotify for weeks, not working properly, family members being removed from account. Useless advice from them to try and resolve The issuesso have just cancelled my account.

wondering if Apple Music is just as good/ any better?
would appreciate advice for folks who have used both?
Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
Sounds strange to me like someone got your login details.

I’ve used Spotify since it started and not had any problems, I have Spotify family.
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 20:40

Sounds strange to me like someone got your login details. I’ve used S …Sounds strange to me like someone got your login details. I’ve used Spotify since it started and not had any problems, I have Spotify family.

It’s a pain in the backside, I have changed email/password and it happened again. Their advice today is ‘don’t worry just ask family members to click this link so they don’t have to go through the whole process again’

not good enough really. I asked them when the next payment was due (tomorrow) and they cancelled it even though I didn’t ask for that

ive also had it since it started but only had the family membership from January
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 2nd Nov
takethatfan197802/11/2019 20:43

It’s a pain in the backside, I have changed email/password and it happened …It’s a pain in the backside, I have changed email/password and it happened again. Their advice today is ‘don’t worry just ask family members to click this link so they don’t have to go through the whole process again’not good enough really. I asked them when the next payment was due (tomorrow) and they cancelled it even though I didn’t ask for thative also had it since it started but only had the family membership from January

Very unusual. Know loads of people who have Spotify and not had this problem. They did say though that they are cracking down on sharing of accounts where people don’t live in the same household to stop all the Spotify shares
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 20:46

Very unusual. Know loads of people who have Spotify and not had this …Very unusual. Know loads of people who have Spotify and not had this problem. They did say though that they are cracking down on sharing of accounts where people don’t live in the same household to stop all the Spotify shares

fair enough in they want to crack down on that if people are abusing it. The users on my account are kids/teens and live at my home address. Abusing the family premium account is not the issue!
as I’ve said I’ve used it for years but only had issues for past few weeks. I’m sick of trying to get it resolved. Using their chat is never a quick process
takethatfan197802/11/2019 20:52

fair enough in they want to crack down on that if people are abusing it. …fair enough in they want to crack down on that if people are abusing it. The users on my account are kids/teens and live at my home address. Abusing the family premium account is not the issue! as I’ve said I’ve used it for years but only had issues for past few weeks. I’m sick of trying to get it resolved. Using their chat is never a quick process

Wasn’t implying that you were miss using it, what I meant was the crack down could be causing the issues......they may have been a bit overzealous!
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 20:54

Wasn’t implying that you were miss using it, what I meant was the crack d …Wasn’t implying that you were miss using it, what I meant was the crack down could be causing the issues......they may have been a bit overzealous!

Maybe it is and if so it’s very annoying 😡 just getting fed up having to sort it every few weeks
We tried Spotify but ended up cancelling and sticking with amazon music- comes with prime but fab and have no complaints. Haven’t tried apple but would recommend amazon
I’ve had all of the main music providers and Spotify has always been the best however with the YouTube premium (music included) via the India method for £1.50 pm I felt it was a no brainer lol so been using that and get on well with it. I personally despise Apple Music and always have (just don’t get on with it).
I've used Apple Music and it was ok, personally I prefer Deezer.
Your Spotify account must have been hacked. Very common for this to result in people being replaced on family plans. I would close down that account completely and open a new one, start again!

Apple Music is not better. Only reason people use it is because it's from Apple. YouTube Music India may save you a lot of money. Deezer is a pretty good alternative as well.

Amazon Music Unlimited is discounted if you have Prime but it's not as good.
Edited by: "jamie15" 2nd Nov
Thanks folks, forgot to say I have amazon music via prime and it’s not that great, don’t find it very user friendly and not as much choice as Spotify.
Amazon Music (that comes free with Prime), is not that good.

I recently managed to get Amazon Music Unlimited HD from Amazon prime free for 3 months (normally a paid upgrade).

I must say the quality of the music is brillant. If you have a high end music system, you can definately tell the difference over Spotify and Apple Music.

Maybe worth having a trial on that.

I do have Spotify, Youtube Music (which is £2 a month on a family plan via VPN), used Apple music, and used Tidal.

I think Spotify beats them all, just my opinion
Edited by: "KingNav360" 3rd Nov
KingNav36003/11/2019 04:43

Amazon Music (that comes free with Prime), is not that good. I recently …Amazon Music (that comes free with Prime), is not that good. I recently managed to get Amazon Music Unlimited HD from Amazon prime free for 3 months (normally a paid upgrade). I must say the quality of the music is brillant. If you have a high end music system, you can definately tell the difference over Spotify and Apple Music. Maybe worth having a trial on that. I do have Spotify, Youtube Music (which is £2 a month on a family plan via VPN), used Apple music, and used Tidal. I think Spotify beats them all, just my opinion

Whats this Youtube Music via VPN sorcery then?
sir78603/11/2019 07:06

Whats this Youtube Music via VPN sorcery then?

If you do a search on the main forum for youtube VPN, it will give you step by step instruction there.
Apple Music is horrendous. I personally don’t know how Apple can get away with charging people for that. If it’s between Spotify & Apple Music, Spotify wins hands down.
JuJules03/11/2019 14:03

Apple Music is horrendous. I personally don’t know how Apple can get away w …Apple Music is horrendous. I personally don’t know how Apple can get away with charging people for that. If it’s between Spotify & Apple Music, Spotify wins hands down.

They get away with it because all of the iSheep who blindly get anything Apple release. It's why I suspect Apple TV+ has a chance, not because it's good but because it's Apple.
jamie1503/11/2019 18:47

They get away with it because all of the iSheep who blindly get anything …They get away with it because all of the iSheep who blindly get anything Apple release. It's why I suspect Apple TV+ has a chance, not because it's good but because it's Apple.

Looool well I have a few Apple gadgets but even I know there are far better music streaming apps out there than apple’s
JuJules03/11/2019 23:25

Looool well I have a few Apple gadgets but even I know there are far …Looool well I have a few Apple gadgets but even I know there are far better music streaming apps out there than apple’s

Not everyone is a complete iSheep. However, there are loads of them who queue up outside the Apple store, buy anything Apple releases and say it's the best in the world, etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants