Spreadsheet - Tick boxes & %'s

5 replies
Found 12th Jun 2009
Hi All,

Wonder if any Excel ppl can help me with 2 things;

First off, I have a spreadsheet with 6,000 users, there in a list that start in A1 and go right the way down to A3000.

In B1, B2.. etc id like to change into a tick box. is this possible?
as in, i get to be able to tick it if i needed, not as like a tick

--

secoundly, i have a spreadsheet that gets updated daily.
if a team is performing well, there % stats gets changed to green, (below %10 - green)
between 10% and 15% they get colourd yellow, and anything over gets colourd red.

at the moment i do this manuly, is there a fourmula i can use so that the % get colourd in the right colours?

thanks

5 Comments

Tick box - surely just Y/N in the column and use auto filter to select the items you want.

for colour format, use conditional formating from the Format menu. This will give you up to 3 (in Excel 2003) ranges to produce colours from.

Hope this helps.

First part; this depends on what you want to do with the data, but yes, however I would suggest normally a 0 or 1 in the 2nd column would be more useful.

The second part is called conditional formatting.

For point A, yes, the below will talk you through it: -

articles.techrepublic.com.com/510…tml

For point B, use conditional formatting (Format, Conditional Formatting)

Original Poster

pghstochaj;5473632

First part; this depends on what you want to do with the data, but yes, … First part; this depends on what you want to do with the data, but yes, however I would suggest normally a 0 or 1 in the 2nd column would be more useful.The second part is called conditional formatting.

ahh, lol i use conditional formatting all the time, didnt think! doh!

basicly this spreadsheet is going out to around 14 ppl, id like some sort of tick box next to each of the names on the spreadsheet

Tanchi;5473644

ahh, lol i use conditional formatting all the time, didnt think! … ahh, lol i use conditional formatting all the time, didnt think! doh!basicly this spreadsheet is going out to around 14 ppl, id like some sort of tick box next to each of the names on the spreadsheet

Do you want to any numbers work on the yes or no of the ticked boxes? If so, I still suggest 0 or 1, but maybe you only want it to show visually? Same with sorting etc. it just makes it easier.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gala Bingo/Games. Deposit £5 get £40 cashback. Quidco - new Gala members12
    2. Why can't I connect my nectar to eBay?58
    3. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!34
    4. Spotify family22

See more discussions