Found 16th Mar 2007
In process of decluttering paperwork :-D

Want to sort out all utilities etc and keep track of costs etc

Thinking of using a spreadsheet for this info but I am useless with figures and accounts, or the best way to use a spreadsheet. I am sure there are tips that could make things easier.

Use one simple spreadsheet at the moment, dates in one column and figures in another and I can even use the auto sum button which is very useful :w00t:

Anybody know any free tuition re spreasheets online anywhere ??

9 Comments

iglimpse

In process of decluttering paperwork :-D Want to sort out all utilities … In process of decluttering paperwork :-D Want to sort out all utilities etc and keep track of costs etcThinking of using a spreadsheet for this info but I am useless with figures and accounts, or the best way to use a spreadsheet. I am sure there are tips that could make things easier.Use one simple spreadsheet at the moment, dates in one column and figures in another and I can even use the auto sum button which is very useful :w00t: Anybody know any free tuition re spreasheets online anywhere ??

is it MS excel?

Original Poster

Yes. Wow

Have a look at the cover disks for computer mags (NOT the games ones:-D ) & see if they are giving copies of Quicken or MS Money or a similar program away - also search on the internet for freeware that can do the same.

These progs will allow you to type in what you earn, what you spend (you can categorise things as well e.g. pub, utilities, food, car etc) & then give you nice looking reports & graphs showing where all your money is going, how much you're spending in the pub etc.

Much better than Excel (I say that because the progs do everything for you without you having to create formulae & design reports).

cis_groupie

Have a look at the cover disks for computer mags (NOT the games ones:-D ) … Have a look at the cover disks for computer mags (NOT the games ones:-D ) & see if they are giving copies of Quicken or MS Money or a similar program away - also search on the internet for freeware that can do the same.These progs will allow you to type in what you earn, what you spend (you can categorise things as well e.g. pub, utilities, food, car etc) & then give you nice looking reports & graphs showing where all your money is going, how much you're spending in the pub etc.Much better than Excel (I say that because the progs do everything for you without you having to create formulae & design reports).

spot on advise there mate

microsoft.com/mon…spx that link will give you a 90 day free trial have a bash :thumbsup:

[SIZE=2]Look on microsoft, they have templates (free) for this and they are very good.[/SIZE]

Original Poster

mrtootough

[SIZE=2]Look on microsoft, they have templates (free) for this and they … [SIZE=2]Look on microsoft, they have templates (free) for this and they are very good.[/SIZE]

Thanx

:oops: Would not know where to begin looking on Msoft. What type of templates (non techie here)

iglimpse

Thanx:oops: Would not know where to begin looking on Msoft. What type of … Thanx:oops: Would not know where to begin looking on Msoft. What type of templates (non techie here)

]http//of…000

Take your pick !!

mrtootough

]http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=finance&av=TPL000Take your pick !!

thank you

very handy :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Wow, never would have found that.

Some vey interesting templates there...wedding planner. Not for me but could be v. useful for someone
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Dr Who ..............CARE this thread may contain Spoilers.54843
    2. Keyboard & Mouse combo (sort of) on Xbox One - Yay or Nay?77
    3. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz1012
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226653

See more discussions