Groups

spyware

hey everyone, just wondering if anyone can reccomend a free spyware checker? i'm pretty sure my laptop has spyware but windows defender and avg are not finding anything.

5 Comments

spybot search and destroy

Original Poster

my cpu is flicking from 2 to 11 to 55 to 8 etc when there are no programs open, my virtual memory is constantly high, i have removed all the programs i don't use.

Original Poster

thanks for the advice, will try the above tonight and let you know how i get on. thanks

waterfordmma

my cpu is flicking from 2 to 11 to 55 to 8 etc when there are no programs … my cpu is flicking from 2 to 11 to 55 to 8 etc when there are no programs open, my virtual memory is constantly high, i have removed all the programs i don't use.

Nothing too scary there. Nothing obviously showing spyware. Don't forget that monitoring these things actually effects the results. What about your firewall? Does that show lots of activity?

If the scans do show spyware and can't remove it check out my posts in this thread:

hotukdeals.com/for…955

See post 5 re: HiJack This and various spyware forums.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4001681
      2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2343
      3. What is there free to do in your town?2030
      4. Samsung Note 822

See more discussions