Spyware trouble - .PBF file conversion

9 replies
Found 14th Apr 2008
I've got my computer in to a right kaffuffle, I have managed to get a Zlob trojan, amongst other things.

Ran spybot, but once I had scanned for infections, and tried to fix them spybot just crashes. Ran Spydoctor it found 139 infections and deleted/restored them, currently running Kaspersky rootkit scan.

Kaspersky keeps asking me to do things but i'm probably pressing the wrong button... the jackass thing is I believe I gave this zlob thing permission to invade my poor pc

any help appreciated

1. Misc
  2. Converse
8 Comments

Norton does it in background,never asks you about anything,thats good for those,who not sure what to do when others programs asks(and these questions are really anoying).But it takes som memory if you low on RAM,not recomended.If you have 1GB or more,no problem .
Another usefull software(and FREE)-AdAware.You can download it from [url]www.lavasoft.com[/url]

U can scan your computer online and remove all viruses at: security.symantec.com/ssc…sym

Original Poster

Rimi;1890787

Norton does it in background,never asks you about anything,thats good for … Norton does it in background,never asks you about anything,thats good for those,who not sure what to do when others programs asks(and these questions are really anoying).But it takes som memory if you low on RAM,not recomended.If you have 1GB or more,no problem .Another usefull software(and FREE)-AdAware.You can download it from [url]www.lavasoft.com[/url]U can scan your computer online and remove all viruses at: http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?productid=symhome&langid=ie&venid=sym

Scanning it now with the online scanner, might use my paragon drive to do a reinstall

Blast. They Got you too fwiblle. Check one of the last threads I made...happend within the last week. That might help... I've given up, I've ordered my External Hard Drive to back up my important docs then I am reformatting this bad boy. As people have said - who knows what the trojan has done to all your important windows registry files and all that....

vixygwim;1890783

Reinstall windows (including format), problem solved.

Tends in bad cases to be best doing this, I'd never really feel happy using my machine for banking etc, once it's been compromised. If you do want to clean it up, run hijackthis (a swift google will point you in right direction) - post the logfile before doing anything though.

The spyware/virus forum over at [url]www.tek-tips.com[/url] is pretty good too.

Original Poster

seems to be a little better at the moment, but i bet its biding its time before it annoys me again...

shall I post log file here?

also anyone know how to reactivate a trial, I have paragon backup 8.51 and its expired, and thats the prog I used to create the back up... wonders if its just and ordinary iso or if another lesser know prog would do the trick as good

Original Poster

edited the title
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769442
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52422866
    3. Add one, leave one game54415439
    4. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…48

See more discussions