Square - Online Payment Merchant - Any Good?

Found 5th Oct 2017
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has or is using Square. They're an equivelant to paypal with a card terminal and lower fees.

Just had some documents from them but wondering if it's worth ditching PayPal?. The payment rates with Square are definitely cheaper. Does anyone know if you can take card payments over the phone with Square like you can with PayPal by typing details on the app?.
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
Supermod
Hey @Wings18 I've not used their terminal but used their online service through BigCartel. To be honest, it was a perfectly straightforward payment provider and we had absolutely no issue with it at all.

We moved to Shopify because we outgrew the features on BigCartel so now use Shopify Payments. I would not have hesitated in the slightest to use their (Square) card readers etc if we were still with BigCartel.
Original Poster
Ok thanks, I just noticed their fee for keyed in transactions is 2.5% and only less if it's tap or swipe. The keyed in transacations (over the phone) is more frequent for me. Not a vast saving over PayPal I don't think.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants