Squier strat vs Squier strat

Posted 17th May
As you can guess from the title, I'm looking at buying a Squier strat as a (small) upgrade from the acoustic that I've started with. What will be the differences between these two;

argos.co.uk/pro…449

shop.fender.com/en-…tml

I can appreciate that it could just be down to materials, pickups etc, and it's a bit more obvious as I move through the Fender catalogue where things get upgraded. But these appear to be the same thing at different prices.

There's not much in it to be fair, so I wouldn't be bothered about paying the extra. Then again, the Argos one is easier to access.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
I can't find a huge amount about the Argos one, what model etc. it is. I think it's the same one as the deal here:

https://w…461

There are some good comments in that thread, although obviously anything about buying second hand and visiting cash converters isn't helpful during a lockdown!
Thomman have a better range of stat type guitars,LINK this one looks better value as it has the alnico type pickups usually included on the more expensive Squire's.
lightrider17/05/2020 15:24

Thomman have a better range of stat type guitars,LINK this one looks …Thomman have a better range of stat type guitars,LINK this one looks better value as it has the alnico type pickups usually included on the more expensive Squire's.

i had my eye on Thomman as I've seen other deals with them. Thanks for the direct link though, I really like the look of that.

Edit: Hmm, they do kits as well... That looks like fun!
Edited by: "slimy31" 17th May
Wow, for years I though it was Squire
u66454117/05/2020 15:54

Wow, for years I though it was Squire

you're not the only one, I couldn't figure out why every Google search I was typing was being corrected!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions