SSD for PUBG

Found 14th Mar
I need an SSD in order for Player Unknown to run/render slightly better on my Xbox.

So far I have found that the Xbox needs a minimum of an external 256GB SSD to register/recognise? Can anyone advise?

Also if anyone can recommend a self build or pre made portable SSD that would be very helpful! It's purely for running PUBG so I'm not looking to spend a massive amount if possible.

Thanks!
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments
You have problems with Pubg on your X box? I have no issues and play it most nights (no chicken dinner yet, but 2nd place many times ). Are you sure the issues are not to do with your Internet speed /quality?
Will a usb SSD be quicker than the internal memory of the Xbox?
Which version of Xbox one is it ?
I still have a Day 1 edition Xbox one and it plays PubG fine.
Sometimes after parachuting in a house can take 5/10 seconds to render the houses but that's only now and again.
stefromuk39 m ago

Will a usb SSD be quicker than the internal memory of the Xbox?Which …Will a usb SSD be quicker than the internal memory of the Xbox?Which version of Xbox one is it ?I still have a Day 1 edition Xbox one and it plays PubG fine.Sometimes after parachuting in a house can take 5/10 seconds to render the houses but that's only now and again.

Isn't SDD just faster loading? I hear X has a good Harddrive
It's not the storage, it's the weak Xbox one
Even with the One X it's still got a weak Harddrive
Edited by: "Norseg" 14th Mar
Original Poster
mrty2 h, 1 m ago

You have problems with Pubg on your X box? I have no issues and play it …You have problems with Pubg on your X box? I have no issues and play it most nights (no chicken dinner yet, but 2nd place many times ). Are you sure the issues are not to do with your Internet speed /quality?

No major issues I play it all the time, however with an SSD the rendering is slightly quicker so when landing all the furniture/buildings/guns are already loaded in! Not a major issue I would just like to be on par with the Xbox X owners 😄 9 chicken dinners so far 💪🏻🔥
Original Poster
stefromuk1 h, 57 m ago

Will a usb SSD be quicker than the internal memory of the Xbox?Which …Will a usb SSD be quicker than the internal memory of the Xbox?Which version of Xbox one is it ?I still have a Day 1 edition Xbox one and it plays PubG fine.Sometimes after parachuting in a house can take 5/10 seconds to render the houses but that's only now and again.

SSD drives allow the data to be read quicker I believe so it cuts down the rendering time and also boots up the game quicker if you crash out! Every little helps with the game even a 5/10 second rendering reduction 😄💪🏻
The_Trying_Scotsman20 m ago

No major issues I play it all the time, however with an SSD the rendering …No major issues I play it all the time, however with an SSD the rendering is slightly quicker so when landing all the furniture/buildings/guns are already loaded in! Not a major issue I would just like to be on par with the Xbox X owners 😄 9 chicken dinners so far 💪🏻🔥

Never be on a part with PC owners though... They should be separated into different BGs. Darn, it takes time to cycle through weapons and selecting /changing grenades etc is a death wish in combat.
Using a usb 3 ssd you limited to the speed of the usb so I wouldn’t say it would be faster than internal, the x doesn’t have a ssd but has more ram faster cpu and gpu which is what makes the difference. Hope that helps
As noted above external would be limited to USB 3 speeds so won't be faster than the internal sata drive. If you want better performance your best bet is getting a PC or an Xbox one X
An ssd on USB 3 will definitely be faster than an internal hdd. Whether it fixes the ops issues is another question. It will load things faster.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions