SSE

Posted 24th Oct
hi just wanted too know if I changed too a different supplier will I have too pay back my £50, cashback for having a smart meter installed from SSE the tariff I took out was a SSE smart tariff which gave £50 cashback after having a smart meter installed I still got contract till 13-12-19. can't seem find the terms and conditions anywhere for the tariff, I have already received the cashback know and wanted too switch too a cheaper supplier as there's no early leaving charges on the tariff I am on but not sure about the cashback if they will take that back anyone know about this thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
When you took out the contract, did you not receive the T's & C's? Either in letter form through the post or at the very least, in an Email? You should have. If not, they must be available somewhere on their site - perhaps accessible through your account?

I understand you want to keep the cashback. We all would. However, you have a choice to make. Would the new contract/supplier be considerably cheaper? If so, would this saving outweigh the value of the cashback? Then, you pay it back if you have to as you still win.

Usually; with these sort of CB schemes; you have to have the contract for a certain amount of time - i.e. three months/6 months etc. Only your contract T's & C's would tell you this - OR you phone and ask. I don't think they will lie to you to stop you from moving. You don't have to tell them WHY you want to know, do you?

Alternatively, just ask them for the T's & C's for your contract as you can't find them. They will probably point you to a URL for them. Worth a shot, isn't it?

Regards, Phsy.
Phsycronix24/10/2019 18:34

When you took out the contract, did you not receive the T's & C's? Either …When you took out the contract, did you not receive the T's & C's? Either in letter form through the post or at the very least, in an Email? You should have. If not, they must be available somewhere on their site - perhaps accessible through your account?I understand you want to keep the cashback. We all would. However, you have a choice to make. Would the new contract/supplier be considerably cheaper? If so, would this saving outweigh the value of the cashback? Then, you pay it back if you have to as you still win.Usually; with these sort of CB schemes; you have to have the contract for a certain amount of time - i.e. three months/6 months etc. Only your contract T's & C's would tell you this - OR you phone and ask. I don't think they will lie to you to stop you from moving. You don't have to tell them WHY you want to know, do you?Alternatively, just ask them for the T's & C's for your contract as you can't find them. They will probably point you to a URL for them. Worth a shot, isn't it?Regards, Phsy.

Thanks will email n ask them.
MynameisM24/10/2019 19:03

Thanks will email n ask them.

Well, that's all I'd do. Simply say you can't find the T's & C's for your contract. If they reply with some diversionary guff like asking you what you want to know, just say you want to print off and file them for peace-of-mind. Or simply ask them directly about your issue. I would imagine they'll either say "The full contract term" or "x amount of time."
Thanks guys found cold email with details it says need keep tariff 49 days before ending so I am able too change an keep the credit.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants