Stadiumgoods.com

Posted 28th May
Hi,

Has anybody used this website to make bonafide trainer purchases heading to the UK? Was the service and exclusivity worth it?

Thanks
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad
15 Comments
Not sure where you are based but looks like they're Manhatten so might be additional charges to where you are and some of those trainers look rather dear they do have a Facebook page so you could check the comments

facebook.com/stadiumgoods/ and a wiki
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_Goods
Edited by: "DaveG46" 28th May
DaveG4628/05/2020 20:58

Not sure where you are based but looks like they're Manhatten so might be …Not sure where you are based but looks like they're Manhatten so might be additional charges to where you are and some of those trainers look rather dear they do have a Facebook page so you could check the comments facebook.com/stadiumgoods/ and a wiki en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_Goods

Pardon me, I wasn't clear. Delivery from the USA to the UK. Do you have any experience with them?
MildmanneredCalvin28/05/2020 21:00

Pardon me, I wasn't clear. Delivery from the USA to the UK. Do you have …Pardon me, I wasn't clear. Delivery from the USA to the UK. Do you have any experience with them?

Ah apologies I missed that bit, not used them myself not sure what the customs cut off is on clothing
DaveG4628/05/2020 21:03

Ah apologies I missed that bit, not used them myself not sure what the …Ah apologies I missed that bit, not used them myself not sure what the customs cut off is on clothing

I think you can order £125 worth without paying any customs charges. It goes up after that of course.
deleted11933
MildmanneredCalvin28/05/2020 21:23

I think you can order £125 worth without paying any customs charges. It …I think you can order £125 worth without paying any customs charges. It goes up after that of course.

That is definitely wrong. You pay fees on anything over a really nominal amount nowadays..
deleted1193328/05/2020 21:30

That is definitely wrong. You pay fees on anything over a really nominal …That is definitely wrong. You pay fees on anything over a really nominal amount nowadays..

gov.uk/goo…uty

You are the one definitely wrong, plus it's £135,not 125.

Ordering trainers is what the discussion topic is about, so the other special categories don't apply in this situation.
deleted11933
MildmanneredCalvin28/05/2020 21:37

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-dutyYou are the one …https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-dutyYou are the one definitely wrong, plus it's £135,not 125.Ordering trainers is what the discussion topic is about, so the other special categories don't apply in this situation.

Is this semantics?
You have to pay vat on anything over £15.
MildmanneredCalvin28/05/2020 21:37

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-dutyYou are the one …https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-dutyYou are the one definitely wrong, plus it's £135,not 125.Ordering trainers is what the discussion topic is about, so the other special categories don't apply in this situation.

20% (VAT) due on combined cost of goods+shipping+insurance etc, plus the courier's admin fee to collect the tax, where random example RM admin fee is £8, ParcelForce and DHL about £11.
Your belief you are right is irrelevant when you are hit with the fees
deleted1193328/05/2020 23:03

Is this semantics?You have to pay vat on anything over £15.

You may, but it is also luck of the draw because they don't go through absolutely everything with a fine toothed comb. I've ordered out of the US items over the £45 mark and paid absolutely nothing at all.
AndyRoyd29/05/2020 12:44

20% (VAT) due on combined cost of goods+shipping+insurance etc, plus the …20% (VAT) due on combined cost of goods+shipping+insurance etc, plus the courier's admin fee to collect the tax, where random example RM admin fee is £8, ParcelForce and DHL about £11.Your belief you are right is irrelevant when you are hit with the fees

I was refuting the user who was absolutely hellbent that things are not necessarily always as he thinks. Sometimes you get stung for customs/fees other times you don't, my experience has been overwhelmingly positive, although I would be highly selective about what I would need to buy from the USA. Have you bought from stadiumgoods.com to move back to the topic of discussion?
deleted11933
MildmanneredCalvin29/05/2020 13:37

I was refuting the user who was absolutely hellbent that things are not …I was refuting the user who was absolutely hellbent that things are not necessarily always as he thinks. Sometimes you get stung for customs/fees other times you don't, my experience has been overwhelmingly positive, although I would be highly selective about what I would need to buy from the USA. Have you bought from stadiumgoods.com to move back to the topic of discussion?

No Calvin, you just told me that I am the one definitely wrong and that it is £135 for shoes when your own link shows you are going to be paying 20% tax on top for anything over about £15 (add to that the fees that RM extra charge).

Correct, it may slip the net but there is no harm in admitting you were wrong. It looks more foolish to continue insisting that you were correct
deleted1193329/05/2020 13:53

No Calvin, you just told me that I am the one definitely wrong and that it …No Calvin, you just told me that I am the one definitely wrong and that it is £135 for shoes when your own link shows you are going to be paying 20% tax on top for anything over about £15 (add to that the fees that RM extra charge).Correct, it may slip the net but there is no harm in admitting you were wrong. It looks more foolish to continue insisting that you were correct

It was the tone of your reply and your indignancy mate. We were actually both partially right. Me for the customs fee of £125 (£135) and you for VAT. You just agreed that it is luck of the draw if you get hit with fees. The rules are there however they are not always applied for lower value items. I would appreciate it if you could add to the topic of the discussion instead of going off on a tangent because you want to argue over the internet about who is 'right'.
deleted11933
MildmanneredCalvin29/05/2020 14:16

It was the tone of your reply and your indignancy mate. We were actually …It was the tone of your reply and your indignancy mate. We were actually both partially right. Me for the customs fee of £125 (£135) and you for VAT. You just agreed that it is luck of the draw if you get hit with fees. The rules are there however they are not always applied for lower value items. I would appreciate it if you could add to the topic of the discussion instead of going off on a tangent because you want to argue over the internet about who is 'right'.

The tone? You said "I think you can order £125 worth without paying any customs charges.", and I said "that is definitely wrong", which it is. You then said I was definitely wrong, which I am not.
Just because customs may miss it doesn't make me wrong.

Didn't realise it was your thread, I thought you were telling the wrong thing to the poor OP . However, given you are advising yourself incorrectly in your own thread I won't say anymore about it

Good luck and let us know if you buy them and get a bill
deleted1193329/05/2020 14:19

The tone? You said "I think you can order £125 worth without paying any …The tone? You said "I think you can order £125 worth without paying any customs charges.", and I said "that is definitely wrong", which it is. You then said I was definitely wrong, which I am not.Just because customs may miss it doesn't make me wrong.Didn't realise it was your thread, I thought you were telling the wrong thing to the poor OP . However, given you are advising yourself incorrectly in your own thread I won't say anymore about it Good luck and let us know if you buy them and get a bill

Thanks for adding nothing useful to the thread apart from stroking your own ego. Obviously arguing over the Internet is pretty important to you
deleted11933
MildmanneredCalvin29/05/2020 14:23

Thanks for adding nothing useful to the thread apart from stroking your …Thanks for adding nothing useful to the thread apart from stroking your own ego. Obviously arguing over the Internet is pretty important to you

Actually mate, I came on to let somebody know they may get a large customs charge. However you have got very defensive about it and tried to make me look bad, even though I literally offered constructive advice.
I'm not the one arguing, I stand by what I said (which was correct as per your own link). Unsure why you are even being off about it,im always trying to help people on here
Post a comment
@
    Text