Expired

Stag do to Prague - recommendations and advice needed!!

Found 22nd Feb 2012
My best man (brother) has finally decided on a location for my stag do - Prague!

Looking at 3 nights at the Hotel Beranek (add .com for the website),
location looks pretty good (allegedly!).

We have been quoted approx £205 per person by the travel agents which
would ionclude booking of flights, hotel and airport transfers to and
from. Looking at the costs individually I've noticed flights are
around £95, hotel £80/90 which looks like the travel agents are
including £20 per person for the 2 transfers.

My first question would be if this is recommended? I'm all for saving
money if I can but I don't want to be stranded at Prague airport and
then not knowing where I'm going/paying over the top for taxis/buses
etc. At least with the travel agents price I know that everything is
booked and organised.

With regards to the city itself, I have heard some horror stories
about muggings, pickpockets, bouncers beating up people if they don't
give them money(?!). We are a pretty laid back bunch of lads - will be
around 10/15 of us in total and we're not looking to stay together as
a group for the duration.

I'm just looking for advice as to the locations to go to enjoy lots of
food and drink at reasonable prices and away from any hot spots for
crime. Contrary to many stag do parties we won't be going into any
strip clubs/sex bars, not going to be doing any paid activities and
getting completely paraletic each night. Just going to go and enjoy
ourselves, take in the scenery, maybe visit a park for some footy and
sample the local cuisine and nightlife.

Many thanks in advance
Community Updates
11 Comments
Out of interest, why Prague? also make sure you have travel insurance
I went to prague last january with my sister, her husband, his brother and sister and my best mate. Had the most immense time! City is beautiful, and food and drink is cheap as long as you stay out of the tourist hot spots, and the english/irish pubs. We paid 90p a pint at a bar near our hotel, which was 15 mins walk from town square.

Didnt see any trouble, just dont be rowdy and **** off the locals. Police are around everywhere and they stare at you cos you stand out like a sore thumb. Have fun guy!!
pulsex0r

Out of interest, why Prague?

Cheap prostitutes.
Cheap food/drink and a couple of the party have been before and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Just looking for ideas where to go for the best/cheapest places. Not interested in women as thesaint maturely commented just now
TheMafia

Not interested in women as thesaint maturely commented just now

Who said anything about women?
Great city to visit, price is ok as it includes some "piece of mind". Do not upset the police, but the good news is that if you do, the ones I have come across have been easily bribable! Common sense should be enough to keep you safe.

Great food, cheap beer, lots to see and do. The Tourist offices there will have enough ideas to keep you busy for a month.
Go to Misch Masch drinks are reasonable aswell, we stocked up on drinks from Ládví short hop on the tram, very cheap and then we headed back to the inner zones...E.g Absinth £8 in central...£2.95 in ladvi 70cl bottle, stocked up on lots of stuff for hotel session before we went out

Main cost will be taxis, run mostly by the Russians

I stayed here 3 nights

http://www.traveltoprague.org/galerie/corinthia_towers_prague_hotel.jpg

Be careful on the food stands which serve Vodka, i was Drunk by the the time i got to the end of the street, did hit 5 stands though, 2 shots at a time

There are loads of hidden bars around side streets, cant remeber the name of many but there was one where you have a 4 way tap on your table and you pour your own drinks and it has a meter/gauge on so you know what you are doing lols

There were people on the street saying come to there club for midget sex haha, we were like WTF did you say... we tried to book 2 to kick the F out of one of my mates at the hotel haha, they didnt agree, said they only did sex

Architecture of some of the buildings was awesome loved it, esp the the main Church

Good link here, on what there is and do's n don't s

Oh another thing..Dont know when you are going, i went in summer all i have to say to you is...THIGHS oO..you will know what im on about when you get there haha

Edited by: "simplex" 22nd Feb 2012
Thanks a lot for the info and the website - very interesting indeed. I'm going for three nights in early September of this year.
I went on a stag there about 2 years ago and had a great time.

The bar simplex is talking about is the beer factory beer-factory.cz/ind…tml and was the best place we found while we were there. You get a beer tap in the middle of the table that works like a petrol pump. They also had how much each table had drunk projected on the wall and every now and again the winners got a massive pitcher of free beer.

We also paid to go to a shooting range while we were there and got to try out a few different guns including a pump action shotgun. I know you said you were after paid activities but this is worth a look.

Stay away from the Go karting as the helmets were disgusting and the track is dangerous.

as for food I hope you like meat and goulash.
thesaint

Cheap prostitutes.

The prostitutes are not so cheap in the Czech capital these days. Have not actually stayed at Hotel Beranek so cannot comment on that. Have visited approx 15-20 times & the best hotel i have stayed at in Prague so far was ironically just last month ( Clarion Old Town ). Got 2 nights there in a twin room with breakfast for £56 - This was done via Ebay btw as the Clarion as well as it's sister hotel the Clarion Congress sell on there. Have stayed 4 or 5 times at the Clarion Congress , which is excellent but a long way from the centre. Here is an example link :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRAGUE-Luxury-Trip-4-Clarion-Hotel-Old-Town-2N-BF-/120865806816?pt=UK_Tickets_Travel_Package_Holidays_CV&hash=item1c2429d9e0

I always get bus 119 from the airport to Dejvicka metro station from where you can reach the centre in about 10 mins. Transport tickets are 32 Czech crowns ( last month ) for 90 mins travel & can be purchased in arrivals at the airport. One or 3 day tickets are also available.

Yes, i have been pickpocketed before & the area around vaclavske namesti aka wenceslas square is where this is most likely to happen. That said it's only happened once & i have had dozen's of nights out there. As for the beatings up i don't know where you ave heard that but Prague is as safe ( in that respect ) as anywhere else i have been to. Police are usually around all night in the main nightlife areas anyway.

Food wise my favourite restaurant chain in the whole world has branches in Prague. It's vegan though & won't appeal to people who have to have meat with every meal. I'm going back to Prague in april & lovinghut.cz will be one of my first stops

I would recommend the Zizkov district of Prague for a few beers for you guys as it's much cheaper than right in the centre & less busy too. As you are not looking for strip bars etc the only reason for you to be around Wencelas square after dark is to take photo's or possibly to visit the excellent Lucerna music bar ( depending who is on on your visit ) www.musicbar.cz

For some reason i have never visited during a home football game. I have however seen Sparta Prague ice hockey team play 3 times at home & it costs from about £3.50 per ticket for top class hockey ( after years of watching Peterborough Phantoms you really can tell the difference X) )
http://www.sparta.cz/en/
http://prague.tv/articles/visitors-guide/one-hundred-fun-things-to-do-in-prague-2-ice-hockey

My favourite website for Prague info is inyourpocket as it's impartial & up to date :
inyourpocket.com/cze…gue
Leech

I went on a stag there about 2 years ago and had a great time.The bar … I went on a stag there about 2 years ago and had a great time.The bar simplex is talking about is the beer factory http://www.beer-factory.cz/index_en.html and was the best place we found while we were there. You get a beer tap in the middle of the table that works like a petrol pump. They also had how much each table had drunk projected on the wall and every now and again the winners got a massive pitcher of free beer.We also paid to go to a shooting range while we were there and got to try out a few different guns including a pump action shotgun. I know you said you were after paid activities but this is worth a look.Stay away from the Go karting as the helmets were disgusting and the track is dangerous.as for food I hope you like meat and goulash.

Aha that's it mate couldn't remember for the life of me, was awesome

http://www.beer-factory.cz/img/foto/picture2.jpg
Edited by: "simplex" 24th Feb 2012

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants