Groups

Stamp duty - save a lot of money!

Finally!

New Stamp Duty will save you £4,500 on £275k property

Much better system now in place from tomorrow.
    Calculate here how much you will pay as of tomorrow
    hmrc.gov.uk/too…htm

I feel VERY sorry for those who exchanged contracts in last few days/weeks.

Updated rates:

Part of relevant consideration Rate
    So much as does not exceed £125,000 - 0%
    So much as exceeds £125,000 but does not exceed £250,000 - 2%
    So much as exceeds £250,000 but does not exceed £925,000 - 5%
    So much as exceeds £925,000 but does not exceed £1,500,000 - 10%
    The remainder (if any) 12%

Few examples:

Property price: £185,000 - Saving £650
    Property price: £275,000 - Saving: £4,500
    Property price £510,000 - saving: £4,900

12 Comments

That's just ace considering about 90% of the population can't afford to get on the property ladder or afford an house over 120k LOL

Indeed, thanks for the calculator, we are saving over £1k on our purchase so great news!

I feel VERY sorry for those who exchanged contracts in last few … I feel VERY sorry for those who exchanged contracts in last few days/weeks.

They are entitled to pay new fee unless they have already complete the purchase.

Original Poster

Palwan

They are entitled to pay new fee unless they have already complete the … They are entitled to pay new fee unless they have already complete the purchase.

There stil will be number of very unhappy people

Completed your sale before the 4 December 2014
    If you completed on the purchase of your property on or before 3 December 2014, but have not yet filed your stamp duty return, you still have to pay stamp duty under the old rules.
    Edited by: "maremalin1" 3rd Dec 2014

Original Poster

c'mon admins - this is deal - why no voting button :-)

I have created a calculator so show how much you'll pay (and save).

docs.google.com/spr…ing

:-( just saw that the the gov website already has this! Was fun making it anyway.
    Edited by: "timber4483" 3rd Dec 2014

Sweet. I'm about to exchange contracts. Saved few hundred £. Next time announce it before black Friday please Mr Osborne!!!!!

timber4483

I have created a calculator so show how much you'll pay (and … I have created a calculator so show how much you'll pay (and save).https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UhNxOBZ3gyEPrXf6BniHyhBakAnvwLabOtATqnC7x0c/edit?usp=sharingLike this post to bump it to the top

hmrc.gov.uk/too…htm

maremalin1

c'mon admins - this is deal - why no voting button :-)

cuts cuts cuts cuts cuts...election = free money....free money....free money.

sounds about right

I have just been checking, house purchase saving of over £1,100...my son is going to get a great shed with that saving....

missleading

At £500k it will be the same as before. Anything over will be more … At £500k it will be the same as before. Anything over will be more expensive.

Fortunately, not in my budget to spend half a million. Besides in most places that would mean too much cleaning....which I admit to being pretty poor at.

missleading

At £500k it will be the same as before. Anything over will be more … At £500k it will be the same as before. Anything over will be more expensive.

As your name; your comment is totally misleading.

New rule save anyone buying under £950k or there about.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best £500 student laptop choice?11
      2. word association Game74044543
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767380
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?11

See more discussions