Standard length of washing machine hose

Found 25th Mar 2016
I am looking to buy a bosch washing machine but can't remember how long the standard water and waste hose are on washing machines.

The connections are 1.3m from the centre of the washing machine slot so don't know if I need to buy extra long hose or if the standard that comes with the machine will be sufficient?
Community Updates
AskHoseWashing Machine
18 Comments
Save your money and get the Beko deal. Should be long enough, if not just add extension hose.
dereklogan7

Save your money and get the Beko deal. Should be long enough, if not just … Save your money and get the Beko deal. Should be long enough, if not just add extension hose.

not a great fan of beko as they don't tend to last. where is the beko deal and have you used beko washing machines before and can recommend?
There's this one and there's another deal for a 9kg @ £199. hotukdeals.com/dea…959
dereklogan7

There's this one and there's another deal for a 9kg @ £199. … There's this one and there's another deal for a 9kg @ £199. http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/beko-washing-machine-reduced-from-299-169-currys-2419959

thanks mate. the reviews in the post looks good. will look at getting one.
it is for my dad who doesn't care about the brand and is only looking for a cheap reliable one so this fits the bill
Buy longer pipes if you are that worried.

Keep in mind with longer hoses you can pull out the appliance without disconnecting anything.
dereklogan7

This looks better for bigger loads. … This looks better for bigger loads. http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/beko-ecosmart-wmb91243lw-a-9kg-washing-machine-199-99-coop-electrical-2416765

i just bought the £169 deal for my dad as he only does the washing for himself so he doesn't need a big machine.
mutley1

i just bought the £169 deal for my dad as he only does the washing for … i just bought the £169 deal for my dad as he only does the washing for himself so he doesn't need a big machine.

It's a good buy at that price.
dereklogan7

It's a good buy at that price.

a huge reduction so thanks for alerting me to the deal
Your dad would probably have had a heart attack if you told him the price of a Bosch. X)
I bought a Bosch washing machine a few months ago and don't like it at all. The spin speed at 1400 is rubbish. Look for the LG washing machine that was put on here as got to be better than Bosch. My Bosch cost £449 so wasn't cheap.
I think LG washing machines have 5 year guarantee. Bosch have 2 years
Edited by: "patti" 26th Mar 2016
patti

I bought a Bosch washing machine a few months ago and don't like it at … I bought a Bosch washing machine a few months ago and don't like it at all. The spin speed at 1400 is rubbish. Look for the LG washing machine that was put on here as got to be better than Bosch. My Bosch cost £449 so wasn't cheap. I think LG washing machines have 5 year guarantee. Bosch have 2 years

i tend to buy the cheaper bosch which is around £249 mark and they seem fine and lasts about 3 to 4 years which most washing machines tend to do nowadays. they don't build them to last any more.
Waste hose is easy to extend. Bought am extention kit recently from screwfix. It's just push fit. As for the water feed you may need to move water feed a little closer.
wayners

Waste hose is easy to extend. Bought am extention kit recently from … Waste hose is easy to extend. Bought am extention kit recently from screwfix. It's just push fit. As for the water feed you may need to move water feed a little closer.

i have seen lots of water feed pipes that are 2.5m in length so if the one that comes with the machine won't reach, i will get the 2.5m ones. i also saw the 2.5m waste pipes on sale which can be used with the washing machine waste hose.

i will wait for the machine to arrive then work out whether i need these longer pipes. i was hoping someone would know exactly how long they tend to come so i don't have to wait for the machine to come first before ascertaining if i need a longer pipe.
1.5m
Well different machines have different coupling positions. Some on bottom left. Some bottom right. The length of pipe may be irrelevant as 2 machines with the same length pipe may reach or maybe not reach. You will just have to try knowing that you can extend if needed
you can buy longer hoses from some of the trade suppliers that also supply public.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions