Standing order due off on saturday

Will they take the funds on saturday or will it fall on the next working day?

16 Comments

mod

Pretty sure it'll be Monday

Saturday,

Original Poster

When do the bank try to take the money?

Might as well offer Sunday......

andywedge;7029620

Pretty sure it'll be Monday

you're right Hammy

1.2. If the date of making payment is a day-off (Saturday, Sunday, or … 1.2. If the date of making payment is a day-off (Saturday, Sunday, or holiday), the payment will be made on thenext workday.

But the bank will check your account for funds the day prior to taking payment....so this would be the Friday.

mod

choc1969;7029623

Saturday,

I'd go with choc
She seems to be less doubtful than I
and she has more brain power than I do

mod

choc1969;7029662

you're right HammyBut the bank will check your account for funds the day … you're right HammyBut the bank will check your account for funds the day prior to taking payment....so this would be the Friday.

Then again she's showing doubt now and thinks I'm right

Why don't you phone the bank and ask them? :thumbsup:

I am with Lloyds and if anything due off my account on a Monday - when checking online banking it doesnt show up till Sunday evening and date on account is the monday

Banned

I'm pretty sure it will be earmarked/reserved by Friday night. Whilst I don't have any standing orders, direct debits which fall between Sat and Monday are taken on or around midnight on the Friday just prior.

it will be monday mate, if its a standing order, direct debit might be a different story. When ive been paid on a saturday in the past (get paid 25th every month) it comes out on the monday.
Im with barclays btw
Hope this helps!

Original Poster

aScottishBloke;7029698

I'm pretty sure it will be earmarked/reserved by Friday night. Whilst I … I'm pretty sure it will be earmarked/reserved by Friday night. Whilst I don't have any standing orders, direct debits which fall between Sat and Monday are taken on or around midnight on the Friday just prior.

Now if its earmarked, I had enough money at one point on friday, It was withdrawn. Do you think I will be alright for Friday?

I am with RBS and the standing order I have set up for the Monday always comes off on the Satuarday.

Might be best to phone your bank and check as it seems there is differences :thumbsup:

It should be first working day AFTER payment is due ie Monday.

Direct Debits and standing orders etc with Natwest are usually debited over the weekend although dated for the Monday. They also put monies cleared for Monday into my account of the weekend too.

Original Poster

Phoned the bank and they say its already came off, but its not showing on online banking?????

I used to work on a bank and the cashpoint and online banking sees whats going out on Monday and takes it off your cleared balance on Saturday.

im with natwest and have checked my online banking and my s/o dated the 28th have all been taken out today ;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763822
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523386
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17356127
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414414051

See more discussions