Stansted airport cheap parking

Found 17th May
Hi looking to book a parking space near stanstead airport in mid June for 11 days, done a few searches and it's coming out at £80. Anyone know any cheaper options pls?
Community Updates
AskHolidays & Leisure
21 Comments
look on mse website a few search engines on there for airport parking
Thank s
Holidayextras.com give me the best rates. Register and get a welcome discount. You will then get spamed but its worh it for the occassions you do use them. You can get some cashback rates so shop around
In my experience holidayextras do very good discounts on airport parking at London airports but not for Stansted. Usually they are about or the same as booking direct with the officiial Stansted Parking website. Last time I noticed Purple Parking and aph were located near Stansted Mid Stay Car Park near The McDonals, perhaps they might be a cheaper option.
OP, just bear in mind the £3.50 drop off / pick upcharge at the terminal for cars if you’re thinking of parking nearby and getting a taxi back to Stansted.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 17th May
Toptrumpet36 m ago

In my experience holidayextras do very good discounts on airport parking …In my experience holidayextras do very good discounts on airport parking at London airports but not for Stansted. Usually they are about or the same as booking direct with the officiial Stansted Parking website. Last time I noticed Purple Parking and aph were located near Stansted Mid Stay Car Park near The McDonals, perhaps they might be a cheaper option.OP, just bear in mind the £3.50 drop off / pick upcharge at the terminal for cars if you’re thinking of parking nearby and getting a taxi back to Stansted.

Do you mean £3.50 taxi to & from the airport? Or is there a bus?
ccnp1 h, 1 m ago

Holidayextras.com give me the best rates. Register and get a welcome …Holidayextras.com give me the best rates. Register and get a welcome discount. You will then get spamed but its worh it for the occassions you do use them. You can get some cashback rates so shop around

They quoted £80
Believe or not the best prices I ever got was through Ryanair. even cheaper than parkatmyhouse
gcmarcal11 m ago

Believe or not the best prices I ever got was through Ryanair. even …Believe or not the best prices I ever got was through Ryanair. even cheaper than parkatmyhouse

Do they let you just book parking?
Good question! lol
pookey11 h, 27 m ago

Do you mean £3.50 taxi to & from the airport? Or is there a bus?

No, the £3.50 (for 15 minutes waiting) charge is made to all vehicles that go into the drop off/ pick up zone which is accessed by a long ramp up onto the concourse area outside the front of Stansted Airport). It’s where the car park buses also pick up and drop off from. The only way round it is to jump on a free Stansted car park hoppa bus from the Midstay car park.
If you are going to get a cab from a nearby village then just add the £3.50 onto the fare.
As far as I’m aware no local buses run to or from the Airport, the coaches only go/from London.
Toptrumpet32 m ago

Ryanair car parking

Scrap that! The prices are good if you buy with tickets.

I had 7 days at Stansted For £42.00. But parking only shows 80 quid
Depends where you Live, Stanstead is not cheap for Parking, either pay a friend to drop you off with Beer Tokens, Taxi, Stanstead Exprees Train, or Coach or Local Buses. Personally I always pay a Friend and pay the £3.50 for drop off and pick up outside the Airport saves all that fluffing around, you go from your Front Door to outside the Termial,.
Edited by: "zirk" 17th May
zirk1 h, 12 m ago

Depends where you Live, Stanstead is not cheap for Parking, either pay a …Depends where you Live, Stanstead is not cheap for Parking, either pay a friend to drop you off with Beer Tokens, Taxi, Stanstead Exprees Train, or Coach or Local Buses. Personally I always pay a Friend and pay the £3.50 for drop off and pick up outside the Airport saves all that fluffing around, you go from your Front Door to outside the Termial,.

We arrive at around 1am so wouldn't really be convenient for someone to pick us up. So the £3.50 Is a standard charge. Never realised that's what it was. Thanks for the info.
The £3.50 is a standard charge, payable on exit at the barriers, no change is given, there is a machine for change but I would go prepared with the exact monies. Also after the first 15 minutes the charge escalates by £1 per extra minute you spend waiting in the ‘zone’. The zone is monitored by ANPR upon entry and exit, it stopsthe Uber and local hoppa buses from clogging up the area.
The way the road layout is, there isn’t really anywhere else to drop off which is safe to stop and walk from, apart from being dropped at the midstay car park and getting the free car park bus in
Would it be cheaper to pay for a hotel room (if you’re not landing until 1am) and get free parking at the hotel beforehand
We will be travelling for 11 days so not sure if the hotel would allow us to park for free for that long
pookey12 h, 34 m ago

We arrive at around 1am so wouldn't really be convenient for someone to …We arrive at around 1am so wouldn't really be convenient for someone to pick us up. So the £3.50 Is a standard charge. Never realised that's what it was. Thanks for the info.

Yea, it used to be Drop Off only, but they recently changed to allow Picks Ups now, although there Web Site still says Drop Off only, probably due to the fact they found it difficult to Enforce or were making too much money out of it and thought why not.

Its £3.50 for the first 10mins (not 15mins then a puond per min as someone has stated on here), after 10min it goes +£1 per min up to 15mins then it starts to get serious, £25 upwards. Also a word of warning make sure you dont leave or forget anything in the Car as its a One Way system and you are forbidden to return within 30 mins or so and there are heavy fines in place if you do.

As much as I hate paying for things, for £3.50 it is quiet good, drops you right outside the Terminal where you need to be, and the Driver is on hes way within seconds.

For Pick Ups get the Driver to Drive around untill your outside before entering otherwise it can get messy, or you can park at McDonalds Free for 60 mins which is only a few mins from the Entry point.
Edited by: "zirk" 17th May
You can park in the Mid Term Car park is free for 1 hour and you can take the free shuttle.
stanstedairport.com/par…ff/
Check out Just Park, Park Let, and your parking space.
Thx for all the help everyone
Easy to get dropped off/picked up around the corner by the Radisson?? Hotel.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants