Groups

stansted airport london ????

hi

anyone whos been in stansted airport ...... what facilitys do they have inside?

got a 6 hour wait between connecting flights in aug with 2 kids :roll:

thanks in advance

5 Comments

Never been there myself, but having 2 kids as well, I'm wishing you all the luck in the world as a 6 hour wait anywhere with 2 kids more than likely won't be too much fun :giggle:

:thumbsup: You will be OK. There's a wetherspoon's pub , several shops , coffee bars & fruit machines so plenty to keep you occupied. Also a play area for kids close to the pub which may be important as i've just read your question again & see you have 2 kids.

STN is an interesting airport at the mo, going through a major refurbishment. Plenty of shops after security, but beware that the queues can be very long now you can't take liquids, with huge queues in WHSmith when i was there. As mentioned, there's a wetherspoons, a starbucks, and some other food outlets. All you standard shope like boots, dixons etc. Also a games arcade. Near boots there is a large seating area with a large television that plays kids programes throughout the main part of the day.

For more info, visit:- stanstedairport.com/por…__/

(Speaking form experience:roll: )

Treat the airport wait as a holiday in itself - 'visit' places with the kids, explore to your (and their) heart's content. Don't sit in one place & vegetate!

If you get bored for ideas, sit or stand somewhere with the kids & play guessing games (i.e. guess where people are going to/coming from), guess how long people will wait somewhere before getting up & moving elsewhere etc etc etc).

Don't forget puzzle books for them, & if they're old enough let them wander (but not too far!) - there's bound to be other kids that they will soon make friends with.

I know there's a millies cookies as my friend works there.

could you go to the local museum while waiting?.. it's the next train stop.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions