Groups

Staple gun help for network cabling please :)

I stapled a 20 metre cable to bring internet to the lounge. I did it good in most places & cabling looks good around the skirting. but the problem is that the gunds not angled so I couldnt staple the wires right into the corner so it doesnt look that neet around the doors. the cable turned out tobe 10m short so I will need to do it again. So can anyone recommend me a decent staple gun please?

Here's one I found on Amazon. would that be any good>

amazon.co.uk/Dra…1-3

9 Comments

cable clips and a hammer

You need to be careful when clipping the cable into corners that you don't bend it too much, otherwise it won't work.

thin bead of silicone job done

Original Poster

pinkleponkle

cable clips and a hammer

dont like the cable clips. looks messy. I like the way Sky & Virgin-Media just fit it with their staple gun. I want something like that

Original Poster

cis_groupie

You need to be careful when clipping the cable into corners that you … You need to be careful when clipping the cable into corners that you don't bend it too much, otherwise it won't work.

I left plenty of room for flexing. thanks for the advice

have u ever thought of trunking,so much tidier,and they do one with an adesive backing,and you never no you might need to run more cables in it,ie rj45 cable for hard wiring to you router,just a thought

You could always try some flat cable for running under carpet etc.

You can get it in lengths of up to 30 metres from here

Edited by: "Sootie" 25th Feb 2011

Original Poster

chillyyyy

have u ever thought of trunking,so much tidier,and they do one with an … have u ever thought of trunking,so much tidier,and they do one with an adesive backing,and you never no you might need to run more cables in it,ie rj45 cable for hard wiring to you router,just a thought

its for my temporary rented accomodation. the cable only cost £3 for 20m rj45 so this is cheaper option than Powerline. just want to make it look tidy.

theres also 30m for £4.30 delivered
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cat5e-RJ45-Ethernet-Network-Cable/dp/B000IAHNRK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&m=A2KWJZUJ4LWGYO&s=generic&qid=1298674896&sr=1-3

When I buy a house I'm gonna get the whole wiring sorted before decorating.

Original Poster

Sootie

You could always try some flat cable for running under carpet etc.You can … You could always try some flat cable for running under carpet etc.You can get it in lengths of up to 30 metres from here

i have to run it past a few room & there's a few bends & i dont think these cables will like the bends too much
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions