Groups

Star Trek (the new one) question.... Spoilers inside !!

Will ask the question in the next post to prevent people accidentally reading it

14 Comments

Original Poster

I finally got round to watching the new Star Trek movie (pretty good).

Now, I am not a Trekkie what so ever, so I have a quick question about the plot, which will most likely be easy for anyone with some ST knowledge....

How does old Spock know about Kirk et al, because in the original timeline he didn't join Starfleet, but rather he went with the vulcan academy (or thats what I understand, seeing as he previously flew that ship with the red matter which was created by the Vulcan academy) ? So he would never have flow on the Enterprise at all.

He's done a bit of time-travelling. It's logical.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;6551239

He's done a bit of time-travelling. It's logical.

The only time travel he did was through the wormhole once he was already old, so i'm afraid you answer is illogical.

He time-traveled back from a future that no longer exists. It is a bit of a paradox

Babbabooey;6551195

How does old Spock know about Kirk et al, because in the original … How does old Spock know about Kirk et al, because in the original timeline he didn't join Starfleet, but rather he went with the vulcan academy (or thats what I understand, seeing as he previously flew that ship with the red matter which was created by the Vulcan academy) ? So he would never have flow on the Enterprise at all.

The part with the "old Spock" takes place after the original Star Trek series and Next Generation (ie: Kirk and everyone have grown old and died). Spock left Starfleet (see Next Generation, Season 5, Episode 7 & 8 "Unification") and became the Vulcan Ambassador to the Federation.

Original Poster

SUMMONER;6551334

The part with the "old Spock" takes place after the original Star Trek … The part with the "old Spock" takes place after the original Star Trek series and Next Generation (ie: Kirk and everyone have grown old and died). Spock left Starfleet (see Next Generation, Season 5, Episode 7 & 8 " Unification") and became the Vulcan Ambassador to the Federation.

Ah ok, that makes sense. Cheers, repped. :thumbsup:

I had to watch this twice in order to "get it"

I like Star Trek but though the film was pants !

Banned

As a spectacle, it was brilliant.

As a new chapter in the Star Trek sage. Not so hot.

Next film is supposed to have KHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN in it. Thoughts how that happens?

Hkem;6552088

As a spectacle, it was brilliant.As a new chapter in the Star Trek sage. … As a spectacle, it was brilliant.As a new chapter in the Star Trek sage. Not so hot.Next film is supposed to have KHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN in it. Thoughts how that happens?

KKKKKKKKKHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hkem;6552088

As a spectacle, it was brilliant.As a new chapter in the Star Trek sage. … As a spectacle, it was brilliant.As a new chapter in the Star Trek sage. Not so hot.Next film is supposed to have KHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN in it. Thoughts how that happens?

it wouldn't be too hard, I'm going to guess that in the new timeline that we are still or have already experimented with genetically modifying humans so in all likelyness khan would still exist.

ants97;6552995

it wouldn't be too hard, I'm going to guess that in the new timeline that … it wouldn't be too hard, I'm going to guess that in the new timeline that we are still or have already experimented with genetically modifying humans so in all likelyness khan would still exist.

I think they will make use of the actors from the current movie and make the new movie about Kirk's / Kahn's first encounter with one another.

We have had Teen Indiana Jones, Teen Superman and here comes Teen Trek... ROFL.

Original Poster

SUMMONER;6553247

I think they will make use of the actors from the current movie and make … I think they will make use of the actors from the current movie and make the new movie about Kirk's / Kahn's first encounter with one another.We have had Teen Indiana Jones, Teen Superman and here comes Teen Trek... ROFL.

Don't forget Teen Star Wars :thumbsup:
    Although, it's probably best if we did all forget the last three.

nah I doubt they are going to go all smallville on the next trek movie. I doubt simon pegg, sylar etc can pass as teen versions of themselves.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What will £250 get me second hand mobile66
      2. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother78
      3. Info on Browns Family Jewellers34
      4. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?77

See more discussions